Old 03-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Kay Easton

Default mating frogs in Yorkshire

Two frogs mating in one of our garden ponds this morning. This is very
early - earliest date so far for frogspawn has been Mar 4th.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 03-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Mike

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
news
Two frogs mating in one of our garden ponds this morning. This is very
early -

You mean to say you watched? I trust you leave 'your' bedroom curtains open
;-}

Mike

--
H.M.S.Andromeda Association Reunion Coventry Feb 27th - 29th
Federation of Naval Associations Reunion Hayling Island March 5th - 8th.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Franz Heymann

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
news
Two frogs mating in one of our garden ponds this morning. This is very
early - earliest date so far for frogspawn has been Mar 4th.

That is *much* earlier than the annual event at Wisley which attracted such
a large body of spectators.

Franz

Old 03-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Mary Fisher

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
news
Two frogs mating in one of our garden ponds this morning. This is very
early - earliest date so far for frogspawn has been Mar 4th.

Oh! I saw the same in our little pond today. I've never made a note of the
date before, thanks, Kay.

Mary
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 03-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Andy Hunt

Two frogs mating in one of our garden ponds this morning. This is very
early -

You mean to say you watched? I trust you leave 'your' bedroom curtains

open
;-}

I'm not sure the frogs would have minded, bearing in mind that in a couple
of weeks it will look like the frog equivalent of an indoor swimming pool at
a Roman orgy!

Why don't you video it, and set up a 'frog porn' web site? "For those who
like a good jump".

Andrew

Old 04-02-2004, 12:57 AM
ned

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
news
Two frogs mating in one of our garden ponds this morning. This is
very
early - earliest date so far for frogspawn has been Mar 4th.

Frogs are quite notorious for indulging in lengthy periods of 'nooky'
before anything significant happens. Male frogs, anxious to be on hand
when the female has her big moment, will 'hitch a ride', so to speak,
for many days beforehand. I have seen one female weighed down by the
very close attention of three males embracing her in 'amplexus'. With
global warming and all, one can never be sure quite what is happening
but I would have thought this male is just a little premature. :-)
'Nothing new in nature, eh? ;-))

--
ned

Old 04-02-2004, 03:06 PM
D Russell

I'll apologise in advance but could you call it, www.frogsporn.com !

Old 07-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Jeff Taylor

In article , Sacha
writes

LOL! You beat me to it this year. But I will say that while I saw them
last night, Matthew tells me they've been here for a week. One toad had
actually hopped inside our back door last night when the wind and rain blew
it open. Poor thing needs an AA guide to the fish pond!

We're always getting frogs and toads trying to get in our back door -
must be the light or heat that attracts them?

Opened the door one night to find the cat + a toad sitting there.
Both just wandered in!

Best Wishes,
--
Jeff Taylor