Old 04-02-2004, 09:04 AM
David Hill

Default Wet, Wet, Wet

1.5 inches to 2pm yesterday, and it hasn't stopped since then
I am thinking of offering down hill water skiing.

I am told that all the reservoirs in this part of Wales are full to
overflowing, so will someone "Up There" please turn off the taps
now.......we've had more than enough.
Here we have now had just over 13 inches of rain so far this year, though we
got of lightly compared to parts of North Wales ....Capel Curig had 12
inches of rain in the first 3 days of this month, with 6 inches yesterday.
Forecast.......Heavy rain and strong winds.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-02-2004, 06:34 PM
jane

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:00:22 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

~1.5 inches to 2pm yesterday, and it hasn't stopped since then
~I am thinking of offering down hill water skiing.

Yikes.
Nice weather for ducks.

~I am told that all the reservoirs in this part of Wales are full to
~overflowing, so will someone "Up There" please turn off the taps
~now.......we've had more than enough.
~Here we have now had just over 13 inches of rain so far this year, though we
~got of lightly compared to parts of North Wales ....Capel Curig had 12
~inches of rain in the first 3 days of this month, with 6 inches yesterday.
~Forecast.......Heavy rain and strong winds.
~
The powers that be _had_ wished for lots of water to fill them up, so
they can hardly grumble now!

They've gone suspiciously quiet on the subject of SE England water
levels though. Wish they'd tell us when they get back to normal as
well as when they are very dry.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 05-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Rod

David Hill wrote:

1.5 inches to 2pm yesterday, and it hasn't stopped since then
I am thinking of offering down hill water skiing.

I am told that all the reservoirs in this part of Wales are full to
overflowing, so will someone "Up There" please turn off the taps
now.......we've had more than enough.
Here we have now had just over 13 inches of rain so far this year, though we
got of lightly compared to parts of North Wales ....Capel Curig had 12
inches of rain in the first 3 days of this month, with 6 inches yesterday.
Forecast.......Heavy rain and strong winds.

Daft weather here, a week ago we were working in gale and horizontal snow, today
we've had 15C.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html
Old 05-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Rod

David Hill wrote:

1.5 inches to 2pm yesterday, and it hasn't stopped since then
I am thinking of offering down hill water skiing.

We're moaning about our weather - did you see those photos of Quebec posted the
other day on a.b.p.gardens? Snow *metres* deep.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
David Hill

".........We're moaning about our weather - did you see those photos of
Quebec posted the other day on a.b.p.gardens? Snow *metres* deep......"

Yes...Impressive
But have you ever tried ploughing a path through 5ft of water?
If you saw the pictures of the homes outside Pontadawe where the water rose
to 6ft in a matter if minutes after a blocked culvert broke it's banks and
deposited thousands of gallons of water and around 2000 tons of mud and
debris through the village.
You don't get that sort of damage from 10 ft of snow.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Nick Wagg

David Hill wrote:

You don't get that sort of damage from 10 ft of snow.

Unless it melts in a very short space of time.
--
Nick Wagg

Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Tumbleweed

"David Hill" wrote in message
1.5 inches to 2pm yesterday, and it hasn't stopped since then
I am thinking of offering down hill water skiing.

I am told that all the reservoirs in this part of Wales are full to
overflowing, so will someone "Up There" please turn off the taps
now.......we've had more than enough.
Here we have now had just over 13 inches of rain so far this year, though

we
got of lightly compared to parts of North Wales ....Capel Curig had 12
inches of rain in the first 3 days of this month, with 6 inches yesterday.
Forecast.......Heavy rain and strong winds.

LOL it was only a few weeks ago they were warning about water shortages and
saying it wasnt feasible we'd get enough rain to compensate for the dry
summer.

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)

Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Nick Wagg

Tumbleweed wrote:

LOL it was only a few weeks ago they were warning about water shortages and
saying it wasnt feasible we'd get enough rain to compensate for the dry
summer.

They were referring to the South East which gets most of its water
from aquifers, because rain takes a long time to soak into them.
The rain that has fallen recently will make very little difference
to the aquifers so I expect hosepipe bans again this Summer, here in
Cambridge.
--
Nick Wagg
Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Nick Wagg

Tumbleweed wrote:

LOL it was only a few weeks ago they were warning about water shortages and
saying it wasnt feasible we'd get enough rain to compensate for the dry
summer.

They were referring to the South East which gets most of its water
from aquifers, because rain takes a long time to soak into them.
The rain that has fallen recently will make very little difference
to the aquifers so I expect hosepipe bans again this Summer, here in
Cambridge.
--
Nick Wagg

wet wet wet summer zaax[_2_] United Kingdom 23 18-03-2013 03:03 PM
Wet, wet, wet David Hill United Kingdom 54 22-12-2012 03:28 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 21-11-2011 11:14 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jadene Mayla Lawns 0 27-06-2011 08:27 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jess Lawns 0 24-04-2011 04:08 PM