GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Heater Thermostat Inaccuracy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/52006-heater-thermostat-inaccuracy.html)

Grinch 07-02-2004 06:06 PM

Heater Thermostat Inaccuracy

Greenhouse fan heaters with built in thermostats (Parasine) are very
inaccurate sometimes they can vary by 10 degrees F.
I put my heater thermostat up to max and use a plug in digital thermostat
switch into which the heater plugs in.
I have noticed that the plug gets warm (3kw heater) when the heater is
switched on & thus influences the plug in thermostat. Nevertheless, this
setup is more accurate and the temperature fluctuation between when the
heater switches on & off is far smaller.
Has anybody found any other solutions?

Glen

Rod 07-02-2004 08:37 PM

Grinch wrote:

Greenhouse fan heaters with built in thermostats (Parasine) are very
inaccurate sometimes they can vary by 10 degrees F.
I put my heater thermostat up to max and use a plug in digital thermostat
switch into which the heater plugs in.
I have noticed that the plug gets warm (3kw heater) when the heater is
switched on & thus influences the plug in thermostat. Nevertheless, this
setup is more accurate and the temperature fluctuation between when the
heater switches on & off is far smaller.
Has anybody found any other solutions?

Glen

Look back in the Google archive for this group, we've had quite a bit of
discussion in several threads on this in the last week or 3.
Look at

http://www.twowests.co.uk/cgi-bin/twowests.storefront

Several good solutions there but do remember you get what you pay for. Poor
regulation costs you money every day, not just on the day you buy the
thermostat.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html

jammymiths 05-10-2011 02:37 PM

I accept noticed that the bung gets balmy (3kw heater) if the boiler is switched on & appropriately influences the bung in thermostat. Nevertheless, this setup is added authentic and the temperature aberration amid if the heater switches on & off is far smaller.