Old 08-02-2004, 06:36 PM
martin

Default Mystree in Tunbridge Wells, Kent (true story)

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:57:03 -0000, "Bobby Bewl" wrote:

Just outside of sleepy Tunbridge Wells is the leafy village of Pembury,
which is making the news in Kent and national newspapers as well as in the
telly news. Someone poor sole is going out in the middle of the night and
planting about 100 ash trees in people's front gardens. The trees measure
about 2 or 3 feet high and appear to be carefully planted.

http://tinyurl.co.uk/e3qa

http://tinyurl.co.uk/u913

Not everyone is happy about what he or she is up to. Some people hope he
will leaves things alone and branch out in doing something more constructive
and elsewhere, as he is barking up the wrong tree in Pembury. They do not
see the joak. If the root cause is boredom, then he alder to do something
about it.

The police refuse to call in special branch, for if he they catch him the
Judge would sentence him to be birched. So far no one has twigged who is
doing this tree planting, as it is not an old chestnut. If anyone in West
Kent has any information, they should ring the police on 01732 370677. For
people in East Kent this may be a trunk call.

:-)
--
Martin
Old 08-02-2004, 08:38 PM
David Hill

Oh no!

I just get sycamore of this type of story.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 08-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

Oh no!

I just get sycamore of this type of story.

Oak A, these puns are plane out of alder, so willow stoppit before you
become rather unpoplar?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 08-02-2004, 10:03 PM
David Hill

Holly mosses, if we don't root this out , we'll be bark to talking about
plants for fences and cat proof gardens.......

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 08-02-2004, 10:06 PM
martin

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:14:40 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

Oh no!

I just get sycamore of this type of story.

I wondered where the trees came from.
I thought somebody here might have lost a few.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Old 08-02-2004, 10:09 PM
martin

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:07:20 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

Oh no!

I just get sycamore of this type of story.

Oak A, these puns are plane out of alder, so willow stoppit before you
become rather unpoplar?

These puns don't grow on trees you know.