GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leeks and celeriac (again) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/52143-leeks-celeriac-again.html)

Alan Holmes 09-02-2004 05:51 PM

Leeks and celeriac (again)

How long can I leave them in the ground before they go to seed?

I want some seed from the leeks, but I'm not interested in seed
from the celeriac.

If I have to dig them up, how do I store them?

Alan

Nick Maclaren 09-02-2004 05:54 PM

Leeks and celeriac (again)

In article ,
"Alan Holmes" writes:

| How long can I leave them in the ground before they go to seed?

It depends on the weather! Watch 'em and see!

| I want some seed from the leeks, but I'm not interested in seed
| from the celeriac.
|
| If I have to dig them up, how do I store them?

In the case of leeks at least, you can't. You can eat them until
the flower shoot goes woody.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.