Old 11-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Valentine gift

I want to give my wife a rose bush for valentine's day.

Any thoughts?
Varieties?
bare rooted or containered?

bobharvey {snaily thing} europe {spot} com
Old 12-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Brian Watson

"Robert E A Harvey" wrote in message
om...
I want to give my wife a rose bush for valentine's day.

Any thoughts?
Varieties?
bare rooted or containered?

bobharvey {snaily thing} europe {spot} com

Any posting including the words "Valentine's Day", "wife" and "bush" may get
unlooked-for responses.

;-)
--
Brian
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop

Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Spider

Hi Robert,
What a lovely idea. Possibilites may be:
Rosa Lovely Lady, rose pink, fragrant, HT.
R. Lovers' Meeting, orange, slightly fragrant, HT.
R. My Joy, deep pink, frag., HT.
R. Valentine Heart, soft apricot pink, v. frag., Floribunda.

Another idea would be to choose a rose with her name, or which reflects her
name in some way. The RHS and many rose growers keep lists of themed roses
or roses with first names, for just this kind of occasion.

Hope you find what you want.
Spider

Old 12-02-2004, 11:36 PM
jane

~
~Another idea would be to choose a rose with her name, or which reflects her
~name in some way. The RHS and many rose growers keep lists of themed roses
~or roses with first names, for just this kind of occasion.
~
~Hope you find what you want.
~Spider
~

http://www.everyrose.com/everyrose/index.lasso
has a large database of rose names.

Should have something appropriate listed.

~
~Robert E A Harvey wrote in message
. com...
~ I want to give my wife a rose bush for valentine's day.
~
~ Any thoughts?
~ Varieties?
~ bare rooted or containered?
~
~ bobharvey {snaily thing} europe {spot} com
~
~

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 13-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Victoria Clare

Victoria Clare wrote in
.206:

If you want a classic dark red scented rose that is easy to grow and
has a long flowering period, I'd suggest Velvet Fragrance.

I've just remembered that the name of the other one I was trying to
remember is Deep Secret - also deeply red, velvety, and fragrant.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Valentine's Gift Frank United Kingdom 0 14-02-2010 02:21 AM
valentine gift malick Ponds (alternative) 0 12-02-2006 08:10 PM
Need help with Valentine's Day project Will Van Pelt Roses 1 04-01-2004 10:05 PM
Celebrating Valentine Day Poll TOM KAN PA Gardening 5 15-02-2003 03:51 AM