GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Glory of the Snows" misses cue - is it dead? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/52444-glory-snows-misses-cue-dead.html)

Steve Harris 12-02-2004 11:34 PM

"Glory of the Snows" misses cue - is it dead?

I planted 60 Glory of the Snows bulbs 08/11/03. Couple of weeks ago, we
had the snow but these plants didn't have a single representative above
ground - still less any flowers :-(

- Are they dead?
- Am I impatient?
- Other?

Thanks!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Bevan Price 12-02-2004 11:34 PM

"Steve Harris" wrote in message ...
I planted 60 Glory of the Snows bulbs 08/11/03. Couple of weeks ago, we
had the snow but these plants didn't have a single representative above
ground - still less any flowers :-(

- Are they dead?
- Am I impatient?
- Other?

Thanks!

Possibly a bit early - mine rarely flower before March (St. Helens, Lancashire) - although I was surprised today when
the first miniature daffodils appeared in flower.

Bevan

Franz Heymann 12-02-2004 11:34 PM

"Glory of the Snows" misses cue - is it dead?

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I planted 60 Glory of the Snows bulbs 08/11/03. Couple of weeks ago, we
had the snow but these plants didn't have a single representative above
ground - still less any flowers :-(

- Are they dead?
- Am I impatient?
- Other?

What is a Glory of the Snow bulb?

Franz

Kay Easton 12-02-2004 11:34 PM

"Glory of the Snows" misses cue - is it dead?

In article , Steve
Harris writes
I planted 60 Glory of the Snows bulbs 08/11/03. Couple of weeks ago, we
had the snow but these plants didn't have a single representative above
ground - still less any flowers :-(

- Are they dead?
- Am I impatient?
- Other?

Chionodoxa?

You're impatient!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

martin 13-02-2004 01:04 PM

"Glory of the Snows" misses cue - is it dead?

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:48:55 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I planted 60 Glory of the Snows bulbs 08/11/03. Couple of weeks ago, we
had the snow but these plants didn't have a single representative above
ground - still less any flowers :-(

- Are they dead?
- Am I impatient?
- Other?

What is a Glory of the Snow bulb?

Chionodoxa forbesii
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Franz Heymann 13-02-2004 11:27 PM

wrote:

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I planted 60 Glory of the Snows bulbs 08/11/03. Couple of weeks ago, we
had the snow but these plants didn't have a single representative above
ground - still less any flowers :-(

- Are they dead?
- Am I impatient?
- Other?

What is a Glory of the Snow bulb?

Chionodoxa forbesii

Thanks. So I knew them all along..

Franz

Steve Harris 14-02-2004 01:02 AM

"Glory of the Snows" misses cue - is it dead?

In article ,
(Kay Easton) wrote:

Chionodoxa?

You're impatient!

Awwwwww! Can't I have just ONE shoot out of 60 bulbs yet?