GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn repair (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/52448-lawn-repair.html)

Bob H 12-02-2004 11:34 PM

Lawn repair

I know this has been asked before, but I want to repair a few holes etc in
my front lawn after having some work don on the house.
I remember something about mixing so many parts sand etc to use for the
repair.
Can I use any sand, ie builders sand or sharp sand, and what are the
quantities to use?

Thanks

ps
I'll print it this time
--
Bob H
Leeds UK

Franz Heymann 12-02-2004 11:35 PM

Lawn repair

"Bob H" wrote in message

I know this has been asked before, but I want to repair a few holes etc in
my front lawn after having some work don on the house.
I remember something about mixing so many parts sand etc to use for the
repair.
Can I use any sand, ie builders sand or sharp sand, and what are the
quantities to use?

Why not just fill them with some soil taken from elsewhere in the garden?

Franz

kenty ;-\) 12-02-2004 11:36 PM

Lawn repair

or can you cut out the grass from somewhere else in the existing lawn were
it will not be missed and patch up your holes!

--
Thanks Keith

Bob H 12-02-2004 11:36 PM

Lawn repair

"Bob H" wrote in message

I know this has been asked before, but I want to repair a few holes etc

in
my front lawn after having some work don on the house.
I remember something about mixing so many parts sand etc to use for the
repair.
Can I use any sand, ie builders sand or sharp sand, and what are the
quantities to use?

Why not just fill them with some soil taken from elsewhere in the garden?

Franz

Yes, why don't I?
Thanks

--