GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yorkshire daffs in Spain (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/52505-yorkshire-daffs-spain.html)

Joy 13-02-2004 03:28 PM

Yorkshire daffs in Spain

Hi,

I live in Spain and last time I was at my Dad's in Yorkshire I brought some
daffodil bulbs back with me which I planted in pots on my terrazza. They
look as if they will be flowering very soon, and my question is this: when
they do flower can I bring the pots inside the house so that I can enjoy
them or will they die inside with the central heating?

Thanks in advance,

Joy

Kay Easton 13-02-2004 10:15 PM

Yorkshire daffs in Spain

In article , Joy writes
Hi,

I live in Spain and last time I was at my Dad's in Yorkshire I brought some
daffodil bulbs back with me which I planted in pots on my terrazza. They
look as if they will be flowering very soon, and my question is this: when
they do flower can I bring the pots inside the house so that I can enjoy
them or will they die inside with the central heating?

You can bring them in and they will scent the house wonderfully, but
they won't last as long as outside. Try bringing in one pot at a time,
and put it in as cool a place as you can.

It's difficult - you'd like them to last as long as possible, but
there's no point in having them last a long time if you can't see them.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: