GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Planting Clematis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/52569-planting-clematis.html)

Jan 14-02-2004 12:46 PM

Planting Clematis

I've bought a load of clematis in plastic pots. They're quite happy sitting
outside in their pots, but when would be the best time to plant them into
the border? Should I wait until it's warmed up a bit?

Thanks.

Robert 14-02-2004 01:12 PM

Planting Clematis

: I've bought a load of clematis in plastic pots. They're quite happy
: sitting outside in their pots, but when would be the best time to
: plant them into the border? Should I wait until it's warmed up a bit?
:
: Thanks.

If they are outside in pots they'd be better off in the ground. Plant them a
little deeper than they are in the pot to try and avoid the wilt

Robert South West England