Old 23-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Franz Heymann

Default found a mouse in my loft!

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in

message

Warfarin-based poisons are not particularly unpleasant. The victims

just
get weaker and weaker and lapse into a coma.

The Warfarin tends to prevent the blood clotting, and the passage of
food down the gut abrades the villi (a design feature to allow

nutrients
to be absorbed through the walls of the blood vessels) and the

animal
loses blood internally, and weakens and dies. There is no pain

involved.

How do you know?

Because I have been eating it for twelve years now. On a small number

of
occasions I have had too much, resulting in internal bleeding. It is
entirely painless and the main symptoms are general creeping lassitude

and
very darkly coloured faeces.

You still haven't explained how you know that enough to cause death is
painless.

I another thread I did explain why I have enough experience to feel
reasonably safe in making that assertion.
Briefly: On one occasion I did take a sufficiently large overdoes to take
me to the brink of a coma without feeling any physical pain.

Franz

Old 23-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Franz Heymann

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Mary Fisher22/2/04 1:47

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:14:03 +0100, martin wrote:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:10:32 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message

Warfarin-based poisons are not particularly unpleasant. The

victims
just
get weaker and weaker and lapse into a coma.

The Warfarin tends to prevent the blood clotting, and the passage

of
food down the gut abrades the villi (a design feature to allow
nutrients
to be absorbed through the walls of the blood vessels) and the

animal
loses blood internally, and weakens and dies. There is no pain
involved.

How do you know?

because it's used in humans as an anti clotting agent.

The village idiot mentality is astounding!

That sounds like the voice of experience.

Using a substance medicinally is not the same as using it to kill. If

you
fed enough Warfarin to a human to kill him would it cause pain?

Mary

Are you serious about this, Mary? You think letting mice have free run

of
the house (which is what will happen) is a good idea? That they should

be
fed so that they breed even more?
You're not concerned about being over run, about the disease spread and
mouse dirt on e.g. kitchen work surfaces, floors, in humans' beds,

clothes,
linen cupboards etc?

Sacha's post has not yet appeared in my post, so I'll answer it he
You seem to me to be describing exactly how I feel about folks who keep
cats. Would you like a list of the diseases carried by cats which are
transferable to humans?

Franz

Old 23-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Franz Heymann

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Mary Fisher22/2/04 2:37

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Yes. It is a slow and agonizing death, rat or man would bleed to death
from the inside. The fact that very minute doses of poison are used
very successfully in medicine has nothing to do with it's use to kill
something.

Somebody said, "There is no pain involved." and I asked how that waas

known.
It seems now that there IS pain involved.

Now who's the idiot?

Mary

One person has supported your assertion so far. May I suggest you hang on

bit longer?

*Nobody* has so far presented any evidence that an overdose of warfarin
causes any physical pain.
One person has waffled about it from a state of zero knowledge.

Franz

Old 23-02-2004, 05:03 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The Warfarin tends to prevent the blood clotting, and the passage of
food down the gut abrades the villi (a design feature to allow nutrients
to be absorbed through the walls of the blood vessels) and the animal
loses blood internally, and weakens and dies. There is no pain involved.

How do you know?

Plenty of people have died, or been poisoned as a result of ingesting
Warfarin, and they have been able to describe the effects.

Indeed, it is used in medicine in small doses to thin the blood in
certain conditions. My mother took it after having a stroke.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 23-02-2004, 05:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

(Always set mousetraps facing the wall too.)

Why trap them? It does not cost much to feed them well and they do one hell
of a lot less damage than cats.

I've had a box of rare books trashed by the little *******s......

They spread crap everywhere and thereby, diseases.

Old 23-02-2004, 05:05 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

The village idiot mentality is astounding!

eh?

Danny the troll.

Old 23-02-2004, 05:07 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Yes. It is a slow and agonizing death, rat or man would bleed to death
from the inside. The fact that very minute doses of poison are used
very successfully in medicine has nothing to do with it's use to kill
something.

Somebody said, "There is no pain involved." and I asked how that waas known.
It seems now that there IS pain involved.

Now who's the idiot?

Danny the troll. He's an ignoramus with it.

Old 23-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message om
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

Serious internal bleeding in humans is certainly painful.

Not warfarin-induced bleeding. Painful conditiond might have bleeding as
a side-effect, but bleeding of itself is not painful.

Old 23-02-2004, 05:09 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Somebody said, "There is no pain involved." and I asked how that
waas known.
It seems now that there IS pain involved.

Now who's the idiot?

Mary

One person has supported your assertion so far.

And a troll at that.

May I suggest you hang on a bit longer?

Old 23-02-2004, 05:45 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

From personal experience, no there is *no* physical pain involved, as I

have
now stated at least three times.

But you haven't consumed enough to kill you ...

From Franz's last post I would guess that he has.

However, you wouldn't have seen that before you wrote the above.

Old 23-02-2004, 09:03 AM
martin

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:08:30 +0000, Jack Hammer
wrote:

I just don't believe the dummies coming out of the woodwork on this.
Why in the world do you think your medicine dosage of warfarin has any
connection at all with the dosage that kills rodents in the most
horrendous manner imaginable? You alone have taken village idiots to
new heights of ignorance! sheesh......

You seem to be the prime dummy in this thread.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Old 23-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Jack Hammer

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:10:28 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

(Always set mousetraps facing the wall too.)

Why trap them? It does not cost much to feed them well and they do one hell
of a lot less damage than cats.

I've had a box of rare books trashed by the little *******s......

They spread crap everywhere and thereby, diseases.

Try keeping your house a little cleaner then. Most of us would spot
mouse shit long before the messies started chewing our books.

Old 23-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Jack Hammer

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:17:56 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message om
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

Serious internal bleeding in humans is certainly painful.

Not warfarin-induced bleeding. Painful conditiond might have bleeding as
a side-effect, but bleeding of itself is not painful.

Oh dear me! the troll is on a roll, ignore him folks he is trying to
get your backs up.

No one can really be that stupid.