Old 22-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Jack Hammer

Default found a mouse in my loft!

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:37:15 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:47:21 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:14:03 +0100, martin wrote:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:10:32 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message
.. .

Warfarin-based poisons are not particularly unpleasant. The victims
just
get weaker and weaker and lapse into a coma.

The Warfarin tends to prevent the blood clotting, and the passage

of
food down the gut abrades the villi (a design feature to allow
nutrients
to be absorbed through the walls of the blood vessels) and the

animal
loses blood internally, and weakens and dies. There is no pain
involved.

How do you know?

because it's used in humans as an anti clotting agent.

The village idiot mentality is astounding!

That sounds like the voice of experience.

Using a substance medicinally is not the same as using it to kill. If you
fed enough Warfarin to a human to kill him would it cause pain?

Yes. It is a slow and agonizing death, rat or man would bleed to death
from the inside. The fact that very minute doses of poison are used
very successfully in medicine has nothing to do with it's use to kill
something.

Somebody said, "There is no pain involved." and I asked how that waas known.
It seems now that there IS pain involved.

Precisely.

Now who's the idiot?

The one who thinks there is no pain involved because grandad uses it
to ease a heart condition!

Old 22-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Jack Hammer

wrote:

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:14:03 +0100, martin wrote:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:10:32 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message
.. .

Old 22-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:35:54 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message om
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:58:56 +0000 (UTC), Jayne wrote:

I'd suggest getting a sachet or two of mouse poison & putting them
in your loft just in case there are more.

Trouble with poison is that a) it's not a particulary pleasant death
b) they'll die somewhere inaccessable to all but flys and smells...

Warfarin-based poisons are not particularly unpleasant. The victims just
get weaker and weaker and lapse into a coma.

The Warfarin tends to prevent the blood clotting, and the passage of
food down the gut abrades the villi (a design feature to allow nutrients
to be absorbed through the walls of the blood vessels) and the animal
loses blood internally, and weakens and dies. There is no pain involved.

Only a right arsehole could describe an horrendous death by warfarin
as "not particularly unpleasant"

Restrict your contributions to either asking a question or commenting on
something about which you know something, or cracking a joke.
See my other post on this topic.

Franz

Old 22-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message

Warfarin-based poisons are not particularly unpleasant. The victims just
get weaker and weaker and lapse into a coma.

The Warfarin tends to prevent the blood clotting, and the passage of
food down the gut abrades the villi (a design feature to allow nutrients
to be absorbed through the walls of the blood vessels) and the animal
loses blood internally, and weakens and dies. There is no pain involved.

How do you know?

Because I have been eating it for twelve years now. On a small number of
occasions I have had too much, resulting in internal bleeding. It is
entirely painless and the main symptoms are general creeping lassitude and
very darkly coloured faeces.

Franz

Old 22-02-2004, 06:43 PM
martin

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:14:03 +0100, martin wrote:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:10:32 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message
.. .

[...]

Both my granddads have been dead for decades, I said it caused no pain
because when I googled for the symptoms of warfarin poisoning there is
no mention of pain. Why let facts ruin a good argument, when it's so
much easier to call somebody an idiot.

--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Old 22-02-2004, 06:43 PM
martin

wrote:

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:14:03 +0100, martin wrote:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:10:32 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message
.. .

Old 22-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:14:03 +0100, martin wrote:

... the animal loses blood internally, and weakens and dies. There
is no pain involved.

How do you know?

Quite, the one that crawled out on to the study floor after taking an
anti coagulant poison was not very happy. Good hard whack with a very
firmly rolled up newspaper put it out of it's misery far quicker.

Serious internal bleeding in humans is certainly painful.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 22-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:48:12 +0000, Jack Hammer wrote:

See how smug you would be if you were forced to ingest it!

Warfarin derived compounds are used as anti-coagulants for medical
treatment but of course in controlled doses...

To the original poster, use a live trap which is very effective and
release outside.

Aside from the legal issues of releasing a rodent on another property
unless you release a good distance away the mouse will be back inside
before you are... Search google for other posts of mine relating to
the deportation/transport of mice from here to the fell tops.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 22-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Sacha

Mary Fisher22/2/04 2:37

wrote:

[...]

Mary

One person has supported your assertion so far. May I suggest you hang on a
bit longer?
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)