GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning Roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/53051-pruning-roses.html)

Jason Mossman 19-02-2004 11:35 PM

Pruning Roses

Hi,
I live in cheshire and my roses are really starting to grow quickly, do i
prune now or wait till this time next march??
Many Thanks

Robert 19-02-2004 11:36 PM

Pruning Roses

: Hi,
: I live in cheshire and my roses are really starting to grow quickly,
: do i prune now or wait till this time next march??
: Many Thanks

No don't wait for dates, do it as and when it feels right, which in your
case is now lol

Robert South West England

Kay Easton 19-02-2004 11:36 PM

Pruning Roses

In article , Jason Mossman
writes
Hi,
I live in cheshire and my roses are really starting to grow quickly, do i
prune now or wait till this time next march??
Many Thanks

You can prune now. Cut back to a vigorous bud and it will reshoot.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

klara King 21-02-2004 11:40 AM

Pruning Roses

Kay Easton writes
You can prune now. Cut back to a vigorous bud and it will reshoot.

I never have to worry about pruning at this time of year - a squirrel
that nests in a shed roof prunes every rose in sight and drags it into
its drey - a new sort of playpen to keep her babies in?
Klara
--
damp and cold in Gatwick basin