Old 21-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Head Haddock

Default 50 meters long 6' high fence: Suggestions climbing plants. TIA

I have a wooden fence (no space between planks) 50 meters long 6' high
divided into 21 panels which I want to cover with climbing plants. I would
like plants which keep their leaves all the year round and have a variety
of coloured flowers. Preferably two varieties per panel. I am looking for
low maintenance plants also the sort anyone can grow.

One wall is facing SW the other NE, roughly that is.
I know nothing about growing "ornamental" plants only vegetables and fruit.

Richard.

Old 21-02-2004, 06:49 PM
nambucca

"Head Haddock" wrote in message
I have a wooden fence (no space between planks) 50 meters long 6' high
divided into 21 panels which I want to cover with climbing plants. I would
like plants which keep their leaves all the year round and have a variety
of coloured flowers. Preferably two varieties per panel. I am looking for
low maintenance plants also the sort anyone can grow.

One wall is facing SW the other NE, roughly that is.
I know nothing about growing "ornamental" plants only vegetables and

fruit.

Richard.

Honeysuckles .......lots of varieties and colours
Winter Jasmine
Summer Jasmine
Clematis Armandii .......flowers about now and lovely shiny evergreen leaves
Nasturtians .......Annuals but like poor soil
Winter Clematis a couple of varieties