Old 22-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Franz Heymann

Default replacing old fence

"Janet Baraclough .." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Annelies" contains these words:

NO suggestions at all????
You expect me to believe that?

I suggest you cultivate some better manners.

Note for Annelies:

Please disregard Janet's homilies. She is our pet policewoman, with
responsibility for the maintenence of good manners. It keeps her happy, but
nobody pays any attention to her attempts to make us toe the line.

Franz

Old 23-02-2004, 08:12 AM
martin

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:05:31 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough .." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Annelies" contains these words:

NO suggestions at all????
You expect me to believe that?

I suggest you cultivate some better manners.

Note for Annelies:

Please disregard Janet's homilies. She is our pet policewoman, with
responsibility for the maintenence of good manners. It keeps her happy, but
nobody pays any attention to her attempts to make us toe the line.

Now you tell us, she had me quaking in my shoes :-)
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Old 24-02-2004, 02:29 AM
FF

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:54:33 -0000, "Annelies" wrote:

NO suggestions at all????
You expect me to believe that?

"Annelies" wrote in message
. net...
We would like to rip a rotten overlap fence out - there is a chain link
fence right behind it keeping the next door school kids on their side
anyway. It is an East facing boundary with nothing much in front of it

(yet,
remember our blank canvass?) and we would like to plant climbers which

give
us our privacy back as fast and as long as possible.
The chain link fence is 7 ft high and about 80 ft long. Soil is not too

bad,
bit of clay but nothing extraordinary.

Suggestions?

I think I'd replace the fence!
You don't say what sort of school is next door but, unless they're tiny, the fence is
going to take a battering from footballs, fights, kids tying bits of string to it (or
other kids!), kids climbing it etc etc. And if they are tiny it would probably be a
kindness not to plant anything too poisonous:-) And what ever size they are, there
will still be a few who spend the whole lunch hour staring through the fence at you.

Liz
(who has done time as a dinner lady, and knows these things)

Old 24-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Paul Simonite

The message
from FF contains these words:

remember our blank canvass?) and we would like to plant climbers which

give
us our privacy back as fast and as long as possible.
The chain link fence is 7 ft high and about 80 ft long. Soil is not too

bad,
bit of clay but nothing extraordinary.

Suggestions?

Perhaps the fastest growing climber is the "Mile-a-minute", or "Russian"
vine, I cannot think of the Latin name off-hand but will no doubt
remember it as soon as I send this message. I have two of these
climbers and they are both doing well here in the far north of Scotland
in an exposed site where other climbers fail. The problem with this
plant is that it can become too vigorous and cover virtually everthing
in its path. They would grow very well up a chain link fence and need
no other tying-in. Has lots of white flowers in late summer. Also
grows easily from cuttings so your stock can be increased free of
charge.

--
Cheers,
Compo

If a man talks in a forest and there is no woman there to contradict
him, is he still wrong?
Old 24-02-2004, 11:44 PM
FF

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:27:13 -0000, "Ophelia" wrote:

"FF" wrote in message
.. .

And what ever size they are, there
will still be a few who spend the whole lunch hour staring through the

fence at you.

Liz
(who has done time as a dinner lady, and knows these things)

LOLOL

Not funny! It's a dangerous job, and all for the minimum wage. The very worst part
was when I got the ICT suite (computer room) and sick bucket. I can't begin to
imagine the workings of the mind that thought those two tasks went together!

The best bit was finding out there are still little girls out there who think they
are ponies:-)

Liz