GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Olive Tree problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/53276-olive-tree-problem.html)

P 22-02-2004 10:22 AM

Olive Tree problem

I have brought my Olive tree indoors to avoid frost damage during the
winter. I have noticed on the bark small brown/black mounds, that when
touched crumble to dust. Does anyone know what this could be?

KR's

Paul D, Worcestershire, UK

Mike Crossland 22-02-2004 06:43 PM

Olive Tree problem

"P" wrote in a message;
I have brought my Olive tree indoors to avoid frost damage during the
winter. I have noticed on the bark small brown/black mounds, that when
touched crumble to dust. Does anyone know what this could be?
---

Possibly Olive Knot (Pseudomonas savastanoi). There's plenty of info.
available on the Internet for this disease. Check out:
http://axp.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r583100411.htm#SYMPTOMS

MC