GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spring over here (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/53312-spring-over-here.html)

Frogleg 22-02-2004 06:45 PM

Spring over here

I've been grumbling and grousing about urg spring reports. OK. I've
got some Spring in Virginia -- first 2 camellia blossoms! Daff foliage
is only 6" high, but that early camellia tree is beginning to bloom.
I'm going to take a blooming branch (in a vase with a ribbon) over to
the neighbor who brought me a well-rooted fig branch we put in a pot
two days ago in an "unseasonal" warm spell. Winter *isn't*
everlasting!

Rod 22-02-2004 08:06 PM

Spring over here

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:34:30 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

I've been grumbling and grousing about urg spring reports. OK. I've
got some Spring in Virginia -- first 2 camellia blossoms! Daff foliage
is only 6" high, but that early camellia tree is beginning to bloom.
I'm going to take a blooming branch (in a vase with a ribbon) over to
the neighbor who brought me a well-rooted fig branch we put in a pot
two days ago in an "unseasonal" warm spell. Winter *isn't*
everlasting!

Great to see those first signs - gone cold again here and supposed to
be wet and windy again next week but it doesn't seem to be stopping
those things that got going during the warm weather a week or two ago.
Rod