Old 29-02-2004, 02:01 PM
martin

Default grubs

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:06:18 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

Well, anyone who's once seen a robin couldn't mistake any other bird
for one.

yes but what about six? :-)

Depends on whether you can count I suppose. 6 looks like VI looks like
six, however you write it.

110 looks like 6?
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Old 29-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

When I was a small child, my grandmother had a jackdaw that talked, it
also did imitations of her calling the chickens to be fed. One day the
jackdaw was found dead in the copper, foul play was suspected. Foul
not fowl!.

On my way to school - or more likely, on my way back - there was a
jackdaw which used to sit on the balustrade over a parade of shops.

It was a most discerning bird, for it would wait until something very
young and busty approached, whereupon it would give a piercing
wolf-whistle.

Several times I received a very nasty look.....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 29-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Franz Heymann

"klara King" wrote in message
martin writes

My bird book says that there is another bird that looks a bit like a
robin, so that might explain the garden with six robins in it.

Well, unless they look *exactly* like a robin ... They've been around
and under the bird table all day, though never two on the table at the
same time. Maybe a cock and his harem?

Robins are not promiscuous, as far as I know.

Franz

Old 29-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Franz Heymann

"klara King" wrote in message
In message , martin
writes
Well, unless they look *exactly* like a robin ... They've been around
and under the bird table all day, though never two on the table at the
same time. Maybe a cock and his harem?
Must be my delicious fat/ground peanut/seed mix!

I think you have more than your fair share and I am jealous :-)

I'll trade you a couple for a few sparrows - the sparrowhawk must have
caught all of them

We now often have more house sparrows than chaffinches at the feeders.
{:-))

Franz

Old 29-02-2004, 03:05 PM
martin

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:59:08 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Jackdaws are probably our most intelligent birds, they always feed in
pairs, one keeps a look out, whilst the other eats.

They are also the most voracious birds known to man. Whenever I hang up a
fatty cake for the birds, the jackdaws polish it off in quarter of an hour.
(I love them, even though they are expensive friends)

Old 29-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Franz Heymann

"klara King" wrote in message
In message , martin
writes

Old 29-02-2004, 04:16 PM
martin

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:59:09 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"klara King" wrote in message
martin writes

My bird book says that there is another bird that looks a bit like a
robin, so that might explain the garden with six robins in it.

Well, unless they look *exactly* like a robin ... They've been around
and under the bird table all day, though never two on the table at the
same time. Maybe a cock and his harem?

Robins are not promiscuous, as far as I know.

a bunch of homsexuals then?
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

How to Kill Grubs/larvae of JuneBugs?? (Dogs eat Grubs) Tom Servo Texas 0 27-03-2004 07:02 AM
Get rid of Grubs Bub Lawns 4 09-05-2003 04:56 AM
Grubs Heather Gardening 29 14-04-2003 03:56 AM
Grubs Heather Roses 3 11-04-2003 04:32 PM
grubs ideekay Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM