GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   association of plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/53438-association-plants.html)

Steunenberg.Willem 24-02-2004 02:27 AM

association of plants

I am looking for a list of plants (vegetables) which have a good relation
among each other

E.g. The tomato goes well with the carrot and onion, but should not be
planted next to potatoes or beet root.

I would like to know especially on behalf of potatoes, cauliflower, cucumber
and onion.

Is there anybody out there who could help me herewith?

Thanks in advance,

Willem Steunenberg

Rhiannon S 24-02-2004 01:57 PM

association of plants

Subject: association of plants
From: "Steunenberg.Willem"
Date: 23/02/2004 18:11 GMT Standard Time
association of plants

I am looking for a list of plants (vegetables) which have a good relation
among each other

E.g. The tomato goes well with the carrot and onion, but should not be
planted next to potatoes or beet root.

I would like to know especially on behalf of potatoes, cauliflower, cucumber
and onion.

Is there anybody out there who could help me herewith?

I can't give you direct help, sorry, but a google search on "companion
planting" will give a huge list of hits of varying usefulness. I would suggest
also Bob Flowerdew's book on Companion Planting.

Hope that helps a little.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/