Old 26-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Neil Jones

Default Custom made shed required

"Cicero" wrote in message

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"BonzaiMaster" wrote in message
I looking for a 12ft x 3ft custom shed.

The cheapest quote I've had so far is £575 (including delivery and
installation). This sounds high to me.

Anyone know of any places in Surrey that can provide custom made

sheds?

Thanks

Assuming you didn't really mean 12ft x 3ft, I think we would really

need
to know the real size before commenting on the price.

Regards

Neil

==================
The OP did say that he wanted a 'custom shed' so he probably did mean

12' x
3'.

I think the price he was quoted is rather high since I had a 6' x 3'

shed
made to order and that cost me £120-00p so I would expect the OP's

shed to
cost about double at £240-00p including delivery / assembly.

Cic.

Yes, of course, you're right. I must try to leave my preconceptions
behind.

I just can't imagine 12' x 3' being a terribly useful size, that's all.

Regards

neil

Old 26-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Neil Jones
writes

Yes, of course, you're right. I must try to leave my preconceptions
behind.

I just can't imagine 12' x 3' being a terribly useful size, that's all.

A sheltered 12 ft long wall rack for tools and hosepipes filling in an
awkward gap by the side of a house? Or along the side of the garage
while still leaving space to walk outside the shed?

A (long-) side entry secure shelter for two motorbikes?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 26-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Neil Jones

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Neil Jones
writes

Yes, of course, you're right. I must try to leave my preconceptions
behind.

I just can't imagine 12' x 3' being a terribly useful size, that's

all.

A sheltered 12 ft long wall rack for tools and hosepipes filling in an
awkward gap by the side of a house? Or along the side of the garage
while still leaving space to walk outside the shed?

A (long-) side entry secure shelter for two motorbikes?
--

As I said, I have preconceived ideas!

Old 26-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Neil Jones

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Neil Jones
writes

Old 26-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Neil Jones

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Neil Jones
writes

Old 26-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Neil Jones

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Neil Jones
writes

Old 26-02-2004, 09:15 PM
BonzaiMaster

I just can't imagine 12' x 3' being a terribly useful size, that's all.

A sheltered 12 ft long wall rack for tools and hosepipes filling in an
awkward gap by the side of a house? Or along the side of the garage
while still leaving space to walk outside the shed?

You are quite right - it's filling an awkward gap at the side of a new
house.

With new builds (houses) being the way they are, the gardens they give you
are not large and I wanted to use a 'not so useful' part of the garden
sensibly. Also the house does not have a garage so what I intended to do was
to get a 12ftx3ft shed and partition it to have two separate spaces (also
with two doors). One side would be used as a standard shed and the other
would give some storage area for items I would normally throw into the
garage.

I guess I should also consider putting two smaller sheds together. I just
thought it would be a neater solution to get a all in one solution.

Old 26-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Neil Jones

[...]

OK, sorry, I thought the 3 must have been a typo.

I don't think the price sounds that bad, considering it will be erected
for you. Not all sheds are equal - do you know what size framing they
plan to use, which timber is specified for the cladding etc. Does it
include guttering? What type of roof?

Regards

Neil

Old 26-02-2004, 09:17 PM
BonzaiMaster

OK, sorry, I thought the 3 must have been a typo.

I don't think the price sounds that bad, considering it will be erected
for you. Not all sheds are equal - do you know what size framing they
plan to use, which timber is specified for the cladding etc. Does it
include guttering? What type of roof?

I'm trying to get that information at the moment. It's from
www.shedshop.co.uk. The price breakdown is £499 for the shed and £75 for
installation and delivery.