Old 27-02-2004, 11:19 PM
BonzaiMaster

Default Custom made shed required

Two smaller sheds or a custom built lean-to might be a cheaper
proposition.
If you get the urge to build one yourself from scratch then google search
through uk.d-i-y - a few people have posted good descriptions about the
construction of their sheds. If you were to price up the materials for
framing, roofing, cladding with shiplap or featheredge, flooring, doors,
windows, etc, then you may find that you are not saving that much.

For the price quoted I'd be expecting cladding with shiplap rather than
(cheaper) featheredge.

Thanks for the useful info.

Old 27-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Paul

If you look at the website the sheds are good quality and a well made from
shiplab walls, roof and floor with heavy duty felt on the roof aswell. It
looks like good value.

Paul

Old 09-03-2004, 01:58 PM
BonzaiMaster

I don't think the price sounds that bad, considering it will be erected
for you. Not all sheds are equal - do you know what size framing they
plan to use, which timber is specified for the cladding etc. Does it
include guttering? What type of roof?

I have now got some more details about the build quality. It does not mean
much to me so feedback would be very helpful.

It has:

20Kg green mineral felt, batoned at the edges with tar sealed joints
Cladding on the roof/floor - 6th+ better Scandinavian red (12mm finished)
The framing will be 2x1 sawn carcassing.
It also costs an extra £30 for Thomsons waterseal.

Does this sound any good?

Thanks

Old 09-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Neil Jones

"BonzaiMaster" wrote in message

I don't think the price sounds that bad, considering it will be

erected
for you. Not all sheds are equal - do you know what size framing

they
plan to use, which timber is specified for the cladding etc. Does it
include guttering? What type of roof?

I have now got some more details about the build quality. It does not

mean
much to me so feedback would be very helpful.

It has:

20Kg green mineral felt, batoned at the edges with tar sealed joints
Cladding on the roof/floor - 6th+ better Scandinavian red (12mm

finished)
The framing will be 2x1 sawn carcassing.
It also costs an extra £30 for Thomsons waterseal.

Does this sound any good?

It sounds OK, but not staggering. I found a shed builder at
http://www.garden-sheds-online.co.uk...en-sheds.shtml
which has a 12' by 4' shed with 2x2 framing, 16 mm shiplap and free
timber treatment for £569 including delivery and erection.

If it was my shed I'd carry on looking...

Hope this helps

Neil

Old 10-03-2004, 04:20 AM
Cicero

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

[...]

I agree with Neil Jones. This sounds like a very flimsy shed. 2" x 1"
framing is hardly enough to hold the cladding nails. Look elsewhere for
better quality and a better price.

Cic.