Old 28-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default This CFV thang..

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

Something is wrong somewhere.
I sent an ordinary e-mail to ask for voting papers 2 days ago. The letrter
seems to have gone, but I have not heard anything since.

And why do I still see nothing about a CFV in either uk.net.news.config, nor
in uk.net.news.announce?

I suspect your ISP...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 28-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Pedt

Pedt "\"@ said:

If anyone has a problem then send an email (*please* do use an email
address unmunged and one that will reach you when a reply is sent) to
the Votetaker's query address for this vote:
as was indicated in the CFV.

Sigh.

The votetaker cannot respond to queries that have a return address that
resolves to 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

--
Pedt
Old 29-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

Something is wrong somewhere.
I sent an ordinary e-mail to ask for voting papers 2 days ago. The

letrter
seems to have gone, but I have not heard anything since.

And why do I still see nothing about a CFV in either uk.net.news.config,

nor
in uk.net.news.announce?

I suspect your ISP...

I suspect confusion at the network configuration end.
I complained and repeated my request for voting papers.
I received them within half an hour.
I filled them in and sent them off. (If you are curious, I voted NO)
I received no acknowledgement of receipt of the voting papers.
Instead, I received another set of voting papers after 12 hours.
Do I fill in the second lot, thereby possibly spoiling my vote by attempting
to vote twice?

Franz

Old 29-02-2004, 02:03 PM
martin

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:59:07 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

Something is wrong somewhere.
I sent an ordinary e-mail to ask for voting papers 2 days ago. The

letrter
seems to have gone, but I have not heard anything since.

And why do I still see nothing about a CFV in either uk.net.news.config,

nor
in uk.net.news.announce?

I suspect your ISP...

I suspect confusion at the network configuration end.
I complained and repeated my request for voting papers.
I received them within half an hour.
I filled them in and sent them off. (If you are curious, I voted NO)
I received no acknowledgement of receipt of the voting papers.
Instead, I received another set of voting papers after 12 hours.

because your first request was finally received?

Do I fill in the second lot, thereby possibly spoiling my vote by attempting
to vote twice?

Ask Pedt, the vote taker (??), what to do he has posted here in the
last few days.

--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad