GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Erecting garden fence on my side (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/54089-erecting-garden-fence-my-side.html)

OrangeMan 29-02-2004 11:46 PM

Erecting garden fence on my side

i have to renew all the fence but there is a simple chain link fence
and my neighbour has planted trees and shrubs right on the fence line
!
this is my side which has to be maintained by me , but to erect the
fence i have to remove or cut into the plants that he has planted slap
bang on the fence line !
i dont want to get into a dispute but how can i build the new fence ?
if i cut into the half of the tree to enable the fence the tree will
presumably die as half the trunk will be removed .