GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hollyhocks from seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/54131-hollyhocks-seed.html)

Glen Able 01-03-2004 03:56 PM

Hollyhocks from seed

Hi all,

Anyone know of any hollyhocks seed varieties that I can sow this spring
which'll flower this year? Preferably not the frilly double types, which
annoy me :)

thanks

Charlie Pridham 02-03-2004 11:48 PM

Hollyhocks from seed

"Glen Able" wrote in message
Hi all,

Anyone know of any hollyhocks seed varieties that I can sow this spring
which'll flower this year? Preferably not the frilly double types, which
annoy me :)

thanks

Mine have always flowered the second year from seed (might just be doing
something wrong though!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

andrewpreece 02-03-2004 11:50 PM

Hollyhocks from seed

"Glen Able" wrote in message
Hi all,

Anyone know of any hollyhocks seed varieties that I can sow this spring
which'll flower this year? Preferably not the frilly double types, which
annoy me :)

thanks

Mostly they're biennial, but do a Google search for ' "annual hollyhock" '.
I found some results suggesting that such a thing exists, one being called
"peaches 'n cream".

Andy

Trevor Appleton 03-03-2004 11:40 PM

Hollyhocks from seed

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Glen Able" wrote in message
Hi all,

Anyone know of any hollyhocks seed varieties that I can sow this spring
which'll flower this year? Preferably not the frilly double types,

which
annoy me :)

thanks

Mine have always flowered the second year from seed (might just be doing
something wrong though!)

Mine too

Trevor
East Yorkshire

Stewart Robert Hinsley 03-03-2004 11:40 PM

Hollyhocks from seed

In article , Glen Able
writes
Hi all,

Anyone know of any hollyhocks seed varieties that I can sow this spring
which'll flower this year? Preferably not the frilly double types, which
annoy me :)

thanks

I was browsing Chiltern Seeds catalogue and came across the following -

URL:http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...nfo.asp?Table=
Product&RecordID=BFBFECF
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley