Old 02-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Andy Hunt

Default Hops?

A friend of mine suggested having a go at making some organic beer, from
scratch. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Anyway, presumably we would need to grow some hops. Would anyone here know
about this, or what quantity of hops we'd need to make a decent quantity of
beer? Could I grow hops in tubs?

Thanks all, in anticipation!

Andrew

Old 02-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Stephen Howard

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:13:18 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

A friend of mine suggested having a go at making some organic beer, from
scratch. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Anyway, presumably we would need to grow some hops. Would anyone here know
about this, or what quantity of hops we'd need to make a decent quantity of
beer? Could I grow hops in tubs?

I don't see why not - the bigger problem would be where to put what
grows out of the pot!
My two year old Golden Hop practically covered one side of the house
before I upped it and moved it somewhere where it could ramble more
conveniently.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Hops being chewed up Kayla Gardening 0 12-08-2004 02:15 AM
Hops? Andy Hunt United Kingdom 145 10-03-2004 04:18 AM
Growing hops? Shelley Gardening 1 02-03-2004 03:02 AM
Hops compost Mark Edible Gardening 3 03-02-2004 03:55 PM
Advice on hops JimM United Kingdom 8 22-04-2003 12:44 PM