GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   yew tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/54345-yew-tree.html)

Lily 02-03-2004 11:48 PM

yew tree

Can some kind soul tell me if it would be the kiss of death to move our yew
tree now? it is approximately 4 feet tall and healthy, but a new garden
layout means moving it within the next week or two - so any help/advice
would be welcome.
Thanks

Lily

PK 02-03-2004 11:48 PM

yew tree

Lily wrote:
Can some kind soul tell me if it would be the kiss of death to move
our yew tree now? it is approximately 4 feet tall and healthy, but a
new garden layout means moving it within the next week or two - so
any help/advice would be welcome.
Thanks

Lily

It should be fine but don't delay much longer as the weather will warm up
soon.

do take as big a rootball as possible

pk

Jim A 08-03-2004 07:49 PM

yew tree

In article , PK
writes
Lily wrote:
Can some kind soul tell me if it would be the kiss of death to move
our yew tree now? it is approximately 4 feet tall and healthy, but a
new garden layout means moving it within the next week or two - so
any help/advice would be welcome.
Thanks

Lily

It should be fine but don't delay much longer as the weather will warm up
soon.

do take as big a rootball as possible

Yes, although they are tough as trees go, they do NOT like their roots
disturbed. I would say the chances are you will lose it anyway if you
move it.
--
Jim A