Old 04-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Dean Lawrence

Default Jacksons fence panels

Hello,

I am about to replace some old, broken and warped 6x6 fence panels that site
between some decent conrete posts and on decent concrete gravel boards. I
need 4 panels. I can get 4 panels delivered from Wickes - the cheapest ones
they do admitedly - for about £65.

However Jacksons fence panels in a similar style, delivered and wit a 25
year no rot and insect attack guarantee will run to £160.

In don't mind paying for something that will last and will not need any
maintenance such as painting as I cannot get to the 'other' side of the
panel once fitted without removing the panel. Not a job I want to do.
Jacksons say the panels are good for 25 years without doing anything to them
at all.

Has anyone any experience of their panels and is paying the extra £100 worth
it?

Cheers

Dean.
--
====================================
Swap nospam for bluerose to reply personally.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:26 AM
David W.E. Roberts

"Dean Lawrence" wrote in message
[...]

First (obvious) question - how long do you expect to stay at that house?

If 25+ years, then go for the expensive ones.

If 5-10 years then think about using the cheaper ones.

The next owner may just get rid of the fence anyway.

HTH

Dave R