GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis Avalanche (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/54539-clematis-avalanche.html)

chris 05-03-2004 11:38 AM

Clematis Avalanche

Recently, I have noticed a 'new' clematis named 'Avalanche'. According
to the name tag, it is hardy down to -8 degrees.

Has anyone got any experience with this one. After some really bad
cold weather my jasmin has given up the ghost and I'm looking around
for a hardy replacment which can stand the cold north east weather a
little more.

Can anyone offer other very hardy clematis other than this new
avalanche one? preferable an early flowering one.

Chris

Pam Moore 05-03-2004 11:45 AM

Clematis Avalanche

On 4 Mar 2004 11:35:17 -0800, (chris) wrote:

Recently, I have noticed a 'new' clematis named 'Avalanche'. According
to the name tag, it is hardy down to -8 degrees.

I bought clematis 'avalanche' after Alan T sang its praises on
Gardeners' World. I have had mine through 3 winters now and I
noticed buds on it today.
It has been in a pot all this time against a fence, getting little
sun, but it is still alive!

Pam in Bristol