Old 08-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Victoria Clare

Default GM Crops

Sacha wrote in
o.uk:

We've so over used pesticides, ripped out hedges, cleared ground cover
that we have lost vast numbers of birds, butterflies, wild flowers -
think DDT, alone banned, I think in 1947? When did you last hear a
cuckoo? The last time for me was in Tresco two years ago and that was
the first time for as long as I can remember.

I'm with you. I have no idea if GM crops are good or bad in the longterm,
nor am I qualified to pronounce on that (I am not sure anyone is yet.)

But I can see no good argument for testing them further in the UK - a tiny,
over-populated area where the potential benefits are small, and the risk
relatively high.

I don't object to Monsanto for being a multinational corporation. I object
to it because businesses that don't listen, don't explain, don't care, and
won't change, of any size, tend to screw up. When they do, they can make a
hell of a mess.

Victoria
Old 08-03-2004, 09:43 PM
martin

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:24:28 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

I count my lucky stars my hearing is still good, having been into rifle
and pistol shooting for about fifty years. In the early days
ear-protection was all-but unknown.

The early days of Elvis ...
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Old 09-03-2004, 05:17 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
wrote:

I count my lucky stars my hearing is still good, having been into rifle
and pistol shooting for about fifty years. In the early days
ear-protection was all-but unknown.

The early days of Elvis ...

During the early days of Elvis I was listening to classical music and
(for instance) taking part in Handel's Messiah under Sir Malcolm
Sargent. (Of whom Beecham is reputed to have said, on being informed of
his knighthood: "Knighted? I knew he'd been doctored!)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 09-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Bob Scratchit

On 9 Mar 2004 09:02:33 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

(Nick Maclaren) wrote:
| In article ,
| Bob Scratchit writes:
| |
| | I last heard one a couple of decades back,
| |
| | That explains an awful lot. You really should get out more!
|
| Hiya, Pete! You DO have a short attention span, don't you?
| Yet another way that you are like an immature 5-year old. Come
| to think of it, it must be days since you threw a tantrum.
|
| I am afraid someone thinks you are referring to me. As I don't know
| you I can't think that this is the case so could you please say if you
| were indeed referring to me?

God alone knows! It all depends if you are yet another avatar of
Pete the Troll again. If you are, yes, if you are not, no. If
you are an avatar of Pete the Troll, you are probably so confused
that you don't know who you are, so this won't help much :-)

Very thin ice Maclaren. I am sure Cambridge University would not
support your insulting, libelous remarks, in fact I know they wont.

What you do in your own time, with your own resources is up to you.

What you do in Cambridge University time at our expense is our
business.

Should pete feeling duly insulted, libeled I would ask that he contact
me and I will be happy to point him in the right direction to getting
the highly offensive Maclaren troll's arse kicked.

In fact all are at liberty to contact me.

Tsk, tsk Mac.

Feel free to contact me at

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Need a fake diploma for fun? contact my collegues Malcolm Ogilvie
or Michael Saunby who both bought one and got one free, only $15 each,
have as many as you like www.fakediplomas.com