GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leek surprise (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/54853-leek-surprise.html)

Frogleg 08-03-2004 01:08 PM

Leek surprise

Fun Fact in yesterday's gardening section of my local paper. It seems
when you trim off the root end of a leek, you can re-plant the root
and produce another leek. Details were sketchy -- how deep and how
much root attatched -- but I'll try and call the extension agent
shortly and follow up. I wonder if this has to do with leeks being
biennials, and if it'll just go to seed, or if one can cultivate a
perpetual leek...