Old 10-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Franz Heymann

Default (O/T) - Life-seeking Beagle bitten by UFO?

"Andy Hunt" wrote in message

Apologies . . . they are just pictures from the BBC page.

I won't post anything quite so OT again . . . it was a silly idea. I

suppose
I was just trying to compete with some of the wackier posts in the
irrelevance stakes (and it was an interesting article!)

Slapped wrists . . . shan't do it again.

Andy, it is not the fact that they are OT which is the sin. This is
supposed to be a text-only newsgroup, and most servers simply snip the
attachments anyway, so you would have missed out 95% of the readership.

I live and learn! I must admit, I was expecting the server to remove the
pictures. Other NG's I'm on automatically convert HTML posts to pure text,
and I thought that this one would do the same. The pictures weren't
essential to the post, and I expected them to disappear before the post
appeared on here. I was quite surprised to see them there! Another NG I'm

on
started allowing attachments for a while inexplicably, and then stopped
allowing them again, so maybe it's some sort of temporary error.

But the post WAS a bit silly, and did deserve a slap on the wrist! :-)

Pure
gardening from now on!!!!!

Fine, as long as you leaven your gardening contributions with a little
silliness now and again

Franz

Old 10-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Franz Heymann

"Andy Hunt" wrote in message

Why are there four attachments to your post? What do they contain? Do

you
really think I am going to open them? Why don't you post them to a

*.bin
newsgroup and draw our attention to them?

Old 11-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Janet Baraclough..

The message 6IH3c.3956$54.1785@newsfe1-win
from "Andy Hunt" contains these words:
This is
supposed to be a text-only newsgroup, and most servers simply snip the
attachments anyway, so you would have missed out 95% of the readership.

I live and learn!

Every week, there's a post called abc for newcomers to urg which
explains that and other matters. It also gives you a link to this
group's charter.

Janet.