Old 10-03-2004, 11:42 PM
auntie_biotic

Default new to roses need help

I have just purchased a rose "Paul scarlet" rootball. Then realised I
don't know the first thing about planting, preparing soil, feeding etc. Any
advice will be appreciated. PS I live in north England where at present it
is quite cold and rainy.

Thanks

--
auntie_biotic
http://www.tbandu.co.uk

Old 10-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Gea Jones

"auntie_biotic" wrote in message
I have just purchased a rose "Paul scarlet" rootball. Then realised I
don't know the first thing about planting, preparing soil, feeding etc.

Any
advice will be appreciated. PS I live in north England where at present

it
is quite cold and rainy.

Thanks

The Romans said plenty of air,sun and good soil,
it still seems to be true,
find the sunniest place in your garden, and don't make it compete with too
many other plants or grass, also rose food in the base of the hol;e you dig
will help, the best roses seem to come from the North,Wolverhampton, David
Austin roses,
Best Wishes
Gea

--
auntie_biotic
http://www.tbandu.co.uk

Old 10-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Robert

: "auntie_biotic" wrote in message
: ...
:: I have just purchased a rose "Paul scarlet" rootball. Then
:: realised I don't know the first thing about planting, preparing
:: soil, feeding etc. Any advice will be appreciated. PS I live in
:: north England where at present it is quite cold and rainy.
::
:: Thanks
:
: The Romans said plenty of air,sun and good soil,
: it still seems to be true,
: find the sunniest place in your garden, and don't make it compete
: with too many other plants or grass, also rose food in the base of
: the hol;e you dig will help, the best roses seem to come from the
: North,Wolverhampton, David Austin roses,
: Best Wishes
: Gea

and it needs to have the earth well firmed down on to the roots

Robert South West England

Old 10-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Rod

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:16:18 -0000, "auntie_biotic"
wrote:

I have just purchased a rose "Paul scarlet" rootball. Then realised I
don't know the first thing about planting, preparing soil, feeding etc. Any
advice will be appreciated. PS I live in north England where at present it
is quite cold and rainy.

Thanks

I take it the label told you it's a 'Rambler'? You're going to need
some support for it. It can get quite big.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply

Old 10-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Gea Jones
writes

The Romans said plenty of air,sun and good soil,
it still seems to be true,
find the sunniest place in your garden, and don't make it compete with too
many other plants or grass, also rose food in the base of the hol;e you dig
will help, the best roses seem to come from the North,Wolverhampton, David
Austin roses,
Best Wishes

Wolverhampton??? North???!!!!
--