Old 14-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Lee BARRASS

Default What is it?

The other week I bought a plant at B&Q. The tag has gone missing so I don't
know what it is.

It's like a small orange tree (30cm high ish) with small orange fruit on,
although it's not quite the same as the one they are selling at the moment
for Mothers' Day.

Anyway, I've kept it moist, and in a cool conservatory, however the leaves
have all dried p and drop of if touched. The fruit is starting to shrivel
too. Before someone says it's dead, the stem still seems green and 'alive'
and so do some of the small branches.

I suspect it needs repotting as the roots are starting to poke out the soil.

Any advice?

Many thanks,

Lee.
www.menumania.co.uk

Old 14-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Lee
BARRASS lee@[nospam] writes
The other week I bought a plant at B&Q. The tag has gone missing so I don't
know what it is.

It's like a small orange tree (30cm high ish) with small orange fruit on,
although it's not quite the same as the one they are selling at the moment
for Mothers' Day.

Solanum? Are the fruit smooth and marble sized?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 14-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Lee BARRASS

The other week I bought a plant at B&Q. The tag has gone missing so I

don't
know what it is.

It's like a small orange tree (30cm high ish) with small orange fruit on,
although it's not quite the same as the one they are selling at the

moment
for Mothers' Day.

Solanum? Are the fruit smooth and marble sized?

No. Marble sized but more like a minature orange.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Sacha

Lee BARRASS14/3/04 3:39

et

The other week I bought a plant at B&Q. The tag has gone missing so I

don't
know what it is.

It's like a small orange tree (30cm high ish) with small orange fruit on,
although it's not quite the same as the one they are selling at the

moment
for Mothers' Day.

Solanum? Are the fruit smooth and marble sized?

No. Marble sized but more like a minature orange.

Kumquat?
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Lee
BARRASS lee@[nospam] writes

The other week I bought a plant at B&Q. The tag has gone missing so I

don't
know what it is.

It's like a small orange tree (30cm high ish) with small orange fruit on,
although it's not quite the same as the one they are selling at the

moment
for Mothers' Day.

Solanum? Are the fruit smooth and marble sized?

No. Marble sized but more like a minature orange.

Citrus mitis?

Brown leaves doesn't sound good.
Have you kept it *too* moist?
Where have you kept it?
Any fine spiders webs on the tips of the shoots? Any round brown scales
on the underneath of the leaves?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Lee
BARRASS lee@[nospam] writes

Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Lee
BARRASS lee@[nospam] writes

Old 14-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Franz Heymann

"Lee BARRASS" wrote in message
The other week I bought a plant at B&Q. The tag has gone missing so I

don't
know what it is.

It's like a small orange tree (30cm high ish) with small orange fruit on,
although it's not quite the same as the one they are selling at the moment
for Mothers' Day.

Could be a Kumquat

Anyway, I've kept it moist, and in a cool conservatory, however the leaves
have all dried p and drop of if touched. The fruit is starting to shrivel
too. Before someone says it's dead, the stem still seems green and

'alive'
and so do some of the small branches.

I suspect it needs repotting as the roots are starting to poke out the

soil.

Any advice?

Let us know if you manage to get it to recover.

Franz

Old 14-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Lee BARRASS

Leaves aren't brown - just dry and srop off when touched. Fine roots are
poppin out of soil - due for a repot tomorrow!

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Lee
BARRASS lee@[nospam] writes