GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this - fruit or Veg? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/55539-what-fruit-veg.html)

Peter Ramm 14-03-2004 11:37 PM

What is this - fruit or Veg?

(XP: uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening)

Can anyone please tell me what this fruit/veg is - given to me by a
friend - I have no idea.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.ramm/fruit.jpg
--
LID
(Remove "REMOVETHIS" and ".INVALID" for email)

Jaques d'Alltrades 14-03-2004 11:38 PM

What is this - fruit or Veg?

The message
from Peter Ramm contains these words:

(XP: uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening)

Can anyone please tell me what this fruit/veg is - given to me by a
friend - I have no idea.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.ramm/fruit.jpg

It looks like a bitter cucumber, or as the Indians call them a karela.

It's used in curries. I slice or dice it and fry the pieces before
adding them, but if you look in any oriental cookbook you should get
other ideas.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

martin 14-03-2004 11:38 PM

What is this - fruit or Veg?

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:57:58 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from Peter Ramm contains these words:

(XP: uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening)

Can anyone please tell me what this fruit/veg is - given to me by a
friend - I have no idea.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.ramm/fruit.jpg

It looks like a bitter cucumber, or as the Indians call them a karela.

It's used in curries. I slice or dice it and fry the pieces before
adding them, but if you look in any oriental cookbook you should get
other ideas.

and pocket the 50p tip?
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Mike 14-03-2004 11:38 PM

What is this - fruit or Veg?

"Peter Ramm" wrote in message
(XP: uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening)

Can anyone please tell me what this fruit/veg is - given to me by a
friend - I have no idea.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.ramm/fruit.jpg
--
LID
(Remove "REMOVETHIS" and ".INVALID" for email)

Sea Cucumber?

Mike

--
H.M.S.Loch Fada Association Reunion Scarborough April 2nd - 5th
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th

congokid 14-03-2004 11:38 PM

What is this - fruit or Veg?

In message , Mike
writes

"Peter Ramm" wrote in message
.. .
(XP: uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening)

Can anyone please tell me what this fruit/veg is - given to me by a
friend - I have no idea.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.ramm/fruit.jpg

Sea Cucumber?

A sea cucumber is an animal (echinoderm).

It might be a karela - or bitter melon.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google

JennyC 16-03-2004 04:36 AM

What is this - fruit or Veg?

"congokid" wrote
In message , Mike
writes
"Peter Ramm" wrote
Can anyone please tell me what this fruit/veg is - given to me by a
friend - I have no idea.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.ramm/fruit.jpg

Sea Cucumber?

A sea cucumber is an animal (echinoderm).

It might be a karela - or bitter melon.
congokid

here's what you could do with it...
http://members.tripod.com/azadi99/fo...ar_karela.html