GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black Russian Tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/55744-black-russian-tomatoes.html)

Fiona 16-03-2004 04:37 AM

Black Russian Tomatoes

Can someone please tell me anything about growing Black Russian tomatoes? Do
they taste nice?

Bigkoi 17-03-2004 04:42 AM

Black Russian Tomatoes

"Fiona" schreef in bericht
Can someone please tell me anything about growing Black Russian tomatoes?

Do
they taste nice?

I am going to try time this year as well as 30 other sorts. They should
taste very good and sweet.
Order the seeds here (it's German):

http://mitglied.lycos.de/rkraft/index.htm

Bigkoi

David Hill 17-03-2004 04:44 AM

Black Russian Tomatoes

Fascinating site. Probably a 1000% better if you can read German, but where
are the prices for the seed?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Bigkoi 17-03-2004 06:59 AM

Black Russian Tomatoes

"David Hill" schreef in bericht
Fascinating site. Probably a 1000% better if you can read German,

You could try to paste the url in to altavista and translate german to
english.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/?kg=XX&il=en

but where
are the prices for the seed?

I paid 50 euro cent for each portion of 10 to 30 seeds and delivery was
between 1 and 3 euro depending on the amount.

Bigkoi

Cereus-validus 18-03-2004 09:48 AM

Black Russian Tomatoes

What does nice taste like?

I've heard of sweet, sour and bitter but nice is a new one to me.

Chris French and Helen Johnson 19-03-2004 04:11 AM

Black Russian Tomatoes

In message , Fiona
writes
Can someone please tell me anything about growing Black Russian tomatoes? Do
they taste nice?

We grew them once or twice ISTR. We don't grow them anymore, so I guess
we didn't think much of them.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: