Old 16-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Derek Turner

Default Pruning standard rose

Last back-end we bought (on impulse) a 'Blue Moon' standard rose. This
is the first standard we've ever had. OK pruning time, how do I go
about it please?

tia
Derek
Old 17-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Robert

: Last back-end we bought (on impulse) a 'Blue Moon' standard rose. This
: is the first standard we've ever had. OK pruning time, how do I go
: about it please?
:
: tia
: Derek

I take mine back to about the third bud from the main stem, pointing
outwards. Sometimes further out if the branch looks strong enough

Old 17-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Derek Turner

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:03:30 +0000 (UTC), "Robert"
wrote:

I take mine back to about the third bud from the main stem, pointing
outwards. Sometimes further out if the branch looks strong enough

thanks for that Robert, now where did I leave my Felcos? (rhetorical!)

Old 18-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Robert

: wrote:
:
:: I take mine back to about the third bud from the main stem, pointing
:: outwards. Sometimes further out if the branch looks strong enough
::
: thanks for that Robert, now where did I leave my Felcos? (rhetorical!)

Oh by the way I mean the third bud out or the nearest that is pointing
outward, not the sixth using alternate counting! (if you know what I mean)

Old 18-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Robert

: wrote:
:
:: I take mine back to about the third bud from the main stem, pointing
:: outwards. Sometimes further out if the branch looks strong enough
::
: thanks for that Robert, now where did I leave my Felcos? (rhetorical!)

Oh by the way I mean the third bud out or the nearest that is pointing
outward, not the sixth using alternate counting! (if you know what I mean)

standard and bush rose pruning - help needed bob[_1_] United Kingdom 10 23-05-2009 02:36 PM
broken standard rose nagem67 Australia 3 07-10-2008 12:54 PM
Apricot Standard Rose Tree Dawn Fletcher Roses 1 02-09-2007 09:59 PM
Pruning a standard ficus Luke Australia 3 26-03-2007 12:04 AM
Pruning standard currant Sue da Nimm United Kingdom 1 31-10-2003 05:32 PM