GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Buhtan Pine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/55832-buhtan-pine.html)

Rhiannon S 17-03-2004 04:42 AM

Buhtan Pine

HI all, I was looking for a conifer for a friends garden and I saw one of these
Buhtan pines. Before I actually buy it I thought I'd better find out if it'll
survive in her new garden, she's just moved down to the coast so any plant has
to be able to take freezing westerlys and very salty air.

So I was wondering if anyone on here knows whether a Buhtan pine would survive?
I'm assuming from the name it can take the cold and the winds, but does anyone
know about the salt?

Thanks in advance
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/

Peter Crosland 17-03-2004 04:43 AM

Buhtan Pine

So I was wondering if anyone on here knows whether a Buhtan pine would
survive?
I'm assuming from the name it can take the cold and the winds, but does

anyone
know about the salt?

They are very tough but I can't say about the salt resistance. Is she
planning on planting a full size one? If so she should remember that they
can readily grow to 90 feet in forty years.