GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blue daisy like flower? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/56067-blue-daisy-like-flower.html)

MallowKat 19-03-2004 02:03 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

My mother has seen a blue daisy like flower with a greeny yellow centre growing
a few inches tall in Yorkshire. Can anyone tell me what it might be?
Thanks

Spider 19-03-2004 06:20 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

MallowKat wrote in message
My mother has seen a blue daisy like flower with a greeny yellow centre

growing
a few inches tall in Yorkshire. Can anyone tell me what it might be?
Thanks

Where did she see it - in the wild .. in a garden ? Any information on
local habitat? .. leaves?
Spider

Kay Easton 19-03-2004 06:20 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

In article , MallowKat
writes
My mother has seen a blue daisy like flower with a greeny yellow centre growing
a few inches tall in Yorkshire. Can anyone tell me what it might be?

Anemone blanda?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

MallowKat 19-03-2004 07:50 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

It was growing in a hotel garden.

She said she thought it had anemone type leaves! So, I think you might be
right, Kay. However, the googled images seem rather purpley-blue, and she said
it was a clear blue.

Thankyou for the help :o) I will pass the info on.

Cereus-validus 19-03-2004 08:37 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

Felicia bergeriana

http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/d...geriana_CS.htm

Cereus-validus 19-03-2004 08:37 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

Oh ye of little knowledge.

Try Felicia bergeriana.

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , MallowKat
writes

Cereus-validus 19-03-2004 08:44 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

Oh ye of little knowledge.

Try Felicia bergeriana.

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , MallowKat
writes

Kay Easton 19-03-2004 09:13 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

In article , Cereus-
validus writes
Oh ye of little knowledge.

Try Felicia bergeriana.

Felicia bergeriana is extremely unlikely to be in flower atm.

Anemone blanda is in flower, is widely planted, and to a non-gardener,
non-botanist looks extremely daisy like. The fact the OP goes on to say
that the unidentified plant has 'anemone like leaves' is a further
suggestion that it is Anemone blanda.

Please be less free with your insults.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Pam Moore 19-03-2004 11:24 PM

Blue daisy like flower?

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:05:29 +0000, Kay Easton
wrote:

Felicia bergeriana is extremely unlikely to be in flower atm.

I cut mine back under 2 weeks ago after a heavy frost. It had been
flowering up to then.
They grow more than 3 inches high. My immediate thought was anemone
blanda.

Pam in Bristol