GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Raised beds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/56219-raised-beds.html)

Bob 20-03-2004 11:40 PM

Raised beds

Hi all,

I am strating to make use of some old raised beds thay are 30 feet by 4 feet
wide an 3 feet high - I have repaired the brickwork but have a question.
I have removed all the soil and have found a layer of crushed rock, should I
line the structure with polythene and make draine holes in the bottom or
just pile in a mix of soil, potting compost and rotted manure. I have also
laid on water to each so that I can install a trickle hose in each.

Bob