Old 21-03-2004, 11:41 AM
martin

Default FAQs re cats-can't find

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:03:12 -0000, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .

but people do allow their dogs to do exactly that. I've seen dog
owners watch their dogs crapping in children's sand pits.
Responsible dog owners are a minority. Why do you think Europe's
pavements are covered in dog crap?

Fair enough. Then they are just as bad as the cat owners who allow their
cats to do the same. As I said, it's not about whether it's cats or dogs, it
about what they do and so far nobodys dog has crapped in my veg beds.

Something to look forward to? :-)

Our cats crap in our garden.

Then I congratulate you on training them so well and hope I can assume they
*only* crap in your garden and not anyone elses as that's the real issue.

With the exception of the lady, who has completely covered her small
garden with inverted flower pots each with a sharpened bamboo stick
protruding from the hole, everybody in our block has cats.

Unfortunately, someones cat(s) is/are crapping in my garden and as I don't
have cats, I know it's not mine.

Our cats are too old and lazy to walk further than the nearest bit of
our garden that they can bury things in.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Old 21-03-2004, 11:47 AM
martin

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:05:04 -0000, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:46:56 -0000, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

Digging up other people's plants and burrying the mess under 2mm of soil

is
not my definition of self-cleaning.

Who gives a toss about your definition?
--

Me. It's my definition, my plants and my garden. And in my garden, my
opinion is the only one that counts. :-P

but our cats?
:-)

Old 21-03-2004, 03:34 PM
older molly

Martin Sykes wrote:

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
I have never seen a cat owner carefully scoop the crap into a plastic
bag, then hurl the whole lot into the nearest bush.

....which I agree is disgusting behaviour but you'd complain even more if
people let their dogs wander around your garden crapping in your borders.
This really isn't about whether cat owners are better than dog owners (I am
personally neither), its about people expecting to enjoy their own gardens
without suffering due to other people's pets. But... A responsible dog owner
wouldn't dream of letting their dog crap in someone elses garden without
apologising and cleaning it up whereas many 'responsible' cat owners seem to
think the same behaviour from a cat is perfectly acceptable.

The bottom line though is that I accept you can't control what a cat does. A
cat owner doesn't really own or have any control over a cat beyond what the
cat sees as in its immeditate best interests. So to all you cat owners out
there, your cats *are* a proven nuisance to others but there's nothing we
can practically/legally do about them so just shut up and let us moan - it's
your penance for inflicting your cats on us.

Often mess blamed on cats is actually made by hedgehogs, who's turds, to
the unknowledgeable, look exactly like cat turds. These animals also
like to snout about in fresh turned soil and newly planted seedlings for
small beetles and grubs at night.
guide to a well behaved parrot
Guide to companion parrot behaviour
My Parrot My Friend.

Old 21-03-2004, 03:43 PM
martin

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:02:56 GMT, older molly
wrote:

Often mess blamed on cats is actually made by hedgehogs, who's turds, to
the unknowledgeable, look exactly like cat turds. These animals also
like to snout about in fresh turned soil and newly planted seedlings for
small beetles and grubs at night.

and all the time I thought it was the neighbour's aardvark :-)

Old 21-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Mike

"martin" wrote
and all the time I thought it was the neighbour's aardvark :-)
--

my neighbours don't have Aardvarks, just bloody messy revolting cats to
which they have no control or care :-((

Old 21-03-2004, 08:12 PM
AK

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
Digging up other people's plants and burrying the mess under 2mm of soil

is
not my definition of self-cleaning.

Try suing the owner if you think you have a chance - oh and be prepared to
throw several thousands of pounds away , some have tried, all have failed.

Old 21-03-2004, 08:39 PM
martin

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:19:14 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

"martin" wrote
and all the time I thought it was the neighbour's aardvark :-)
--

my neighbours don't have Aardvarks, just bloody messy revolting cats to
which they have no control or care :-((

I suggest you buy your neighbours a pair of aardvarks, it'll take your
mind off their cats. :-)

FAQs, web ring etc K United Kingdom 1 05-04-2009 02:36 AM
FAQs Pam Moore United Kingdom 43 19-05-2004 06:15 PM
FAQs - Listing cormaic United Kingdom 3 03-02-2003 08:42 PM
Get yer FAQs 'ere - FAQ list for this group cormaic United Kingdom 0 18-01-2003 05:01 PM
Cats or FAQs? Jim United Kingdom 3 06-01-2003 07:10 PM