Old 23-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default FAQs re cats-can't find

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

And if you want any volume of an orgy of organ, see if you can get a
recording of Havergal Brian's Gothic Symphony - scored for (IIRC) triple
organ and double orchestra.....

That one, if I remember correctly, was used as part of a theme tune, played
years ago on a Children's TV Programme, something to do with "Mrs Black and
her horrible Handbag"

I'd think that was unlikely - I don't think it was performed until
sometime round 1970, mainly because of its vast scale, BICBW.

Whenever I see Maggie Thatcher she always seemed to have a horrible handbag
and it rang bells :-))

Musique concrète, Shirley?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 23-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

annoying them by playing Messiaen organ music in mine

even
more loudly, as organ music should be played.

Try Le Merle Noir - with a flute shrieked by Zdenek

Brudehans.....

(Bit of a tautology, Merle Noir.....)

Perhaps they have albino blackbirds in his part of the
world?
Who composed it?

Olivier Messiaen.

Merle blanc = white crow, or (similar in translation to Juvenal's black
swan) a very rare bird.

And if you want any volume of an orgy of organ, see if you

can get a
recording of Havergal Brian's Gothic Symphony - scored for

(IIRC) triple
organ and double orchestra.....

That sounds like overkill. I'll do without it. {:-((

Nah. Overkill wrote pieces for the Hoffnung Music Festivals, didn't he?

Old 23-03-2004, 05:34 PM
shazzbat

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Jaques d'Alltrades"
wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann"

contains these words:

It would be much more fun to torture the neighbour.
Messiaen composed some organ music whuch is totally
cacophonous. The music becomes even more strident and
formless if you are in a position to play it through a

setup
which allows you to switch off the woofer speaker.. The
occupiers of a certain nearby house was in the habit of
playing moronic pop loudly in their garden, until I

started
annoying them by playing Messiaen organ music in mine

even
more loudly, as organ music should be played.

Try Le Merle Noir - with a flute shrieked by Zdenek

Brudehans.....

(Bit of a tautology, Merle Noir.....)

Perhaps they have albino blackbirds in his part of the
world?
Who composed it?

And if you want any volume of an orgy of organ, see if you

can get a
recording of Havergal Brian's Gothic Symphony - scored for

(IIRC) triple
organ and double orchestra.....

That sounds like overkill. I'll do without it. {:-((

Franz

Me too. Think I'll just put an Einaudi CD on and chill.

Aaaah, that's better.

Steve

FAQs, web ring etc K United Kingdom 1 05-04-2009 02:36 AM
FAQs Pam Moore United Kingdom 43 19-05-2004 06:15 PM
FAQs - Listing cormaic United Kingdom 3 03-02-2003 08:42 PM
Get yer FAQs 'ere - FAQ list for this group cormaic United Kingdom 0 18-01-2003 05:01 PM
Cats or FAQs? Jim United Kingdom 3 06-01-2003 07:10 PM