Old 20-03-2004, 11:45 PM

Default FAQs re cats-can't find

We have a new neighbour in the close with two cats to add to the 4-5
already roaming around (why do cats never roam around their own
gardens?). I did keep a posting from a long time ago giving the
places to look for cat FAQs but they0 come up blank using Google.
Is their anything else I can do to find all the tips I am looking for?
Thank you, Diana
Old 20-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Mike

Our cats do roam around our garden. Why do people allow their dogs to
crap on the pavements?

Because the owners are untrained.

BTW, anyone contemplating coming to the Isle of Wight with their dog, start
your training period PDQ, get yourself trained BEFORE you come. Or stand by.
A BIG purge is on to stop the dog mess, not only on the pavements, but the
grass verges beside the pavement and any odd scrap of grass.

Bring a plastic bag with you and pick it up. And DON'T chuck it under the
next hedge you come to or someone's front garden, use the dog bins provided.
Digital Cameras are out. :-))

Mike

Old 20-03-2004, 11:54 PM
martin

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:30:50 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

Our cats do roam around our garden. Why do people allow their dogs to
crap on the pavements?

Because the owners are untrained.

like this one?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/grap.../bmelton20.jpg
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Old 21-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Mike

like this one?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/grap.../bmelton20.jpg
--

If he allows his dog to crap on the pavement or grass verge ...... yes

What is so special about him??

or anyone else for that matter?

Mike

Old 21-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Emrys Davies

'Diana',

Here are previous posts on the subject. Vary the search criteria to
extend the list.

http://tinyurl.com/24gpv

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 21-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Martin Sykes

"martin" wrote in message
Our cats do roam around our garden. Why do people allow their dogs to
crap on the pavements?

But responsible dog owners clean up after their dogs and dispose of the mess
in the bin. I've never seen a cat owner doing the same...

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 21-03-2004, 04:18 AM
martin

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:42:20 -0000, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
Our cats do roam around our garden. Why do people allow their dogs to
crap on the pavements?

But responsible dog owners clean up after their dogs and dispose of the mess
in the bin. I've never seen a cat owner doing the same...

Our cats are self cleaning, and there are far more dogs than
responsible owners.

Old 21-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Martin Sykes
writes
"martin" wrote in message
.. .
Our cats do roam around our garden. Why do people allow their dogs to
crap on the pavements?

But responsible dog owners clean up after their dogs and dispose of the mess
in the bin. I've never seen a cat owner doing the same...

I have never seen a cat owner carefully scoop the crap into a plastic
bag, then hurl the whole lot into the nearest bush.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 21-03-2004, 04:18 AM
David Hill

"...........But responsible dog owners clean up after their dogs and dispose
of the mess in the bin. I've never seen a cat owner doing the
same............"

And whilst cats will dig a hole and then bury their mess if at all possible
I have yet to see a dog do more that scatter grass all over the area.It's
from catsthat we learned to make and use

Earth Closets.

The champion of the earth closet was the Reverend Henry Moule, vicar of
Fordington near Dorchester.
You can make an earth closet like his as follows:

1. Build a box from timber approximately 18" high. I made my framework from
2" x 1" softwood timber and both sides and top from 9mm plywood.

2. Make sure that the top covers all the sides and frame.

3. In the centre of the top cut a round hole approximately 10" in
diameter -make sure you sand around the edges!

4. You do not need to make a back for this box, or if you do make sure that
the back is hinged.

5. Underneath the hole place a bucket - I used an ordinary plastic bucket.

6. You then need dry earth. I collected this from the garden, put it in a
roasting tin, and dried it first in the sun, and then on top of the boiler
in the kitchen. I kept it beside the earth closet in an old nappy pale with
a close fitting lid - otherwise it can be dusty.

Each time I used the earth closet I took one small shovel full of earth -
say one or two cupfuls and covered my offering. This was plenty. I found I
could use the closet for about a week before the bucket needed emptying. I
then buried the remains in the garden and started again.

This was highly successful. There was no smell. The rest of the family
approved. The only problem is the collection and drying of the earth - this
does require a bit of effort.

You can learn more about the Rev Henry Moule here.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

FAQs, web ring etc K United Kingdom 1 05-04-2009 02:36 AM
FAQs Pam Moore United Kingdom 43 19-05-2004 06:15 PM
FAQs - Listing cormaic United Kingdom 3 03-02-2003 08:42 PM
Get yer FAQs 'ere - FAQ list for this group cormaic United Kingdom 0 18-01-2003 05:01 PM
Cats or FAQs? Jim United Kingdom 3 06-01-2003 07:10 PM