GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More on blind daffodils (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/56260-more-blind-daffodils.html)

Sacha 21-03-2004 08:32 AM

More on blind daffodils

One cause could be the disease Staganospora. This is what ours have and Ray
says that any good fungicide should be sprayed onto the leaves two or three
times in spring.
The symptoms are of course, no flowers but also premature browning of the
tips of the leaves and dying back. Because of the too-early die back, the
bulbs get no nourishment, so they form no flowers for the next spring. A
friend tells me this has affected a patch of snowdrops in their garden, too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Ellen 21-03-2004 08:03 PM

More on blind daffodils

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:13:13 +0000, whilst Caruthers was creaming the
maids muffin, (to her great delight) this horse shite arrived from
Sacha not wishing to put
Caruthers of his stroke I decided to deal with it:

One cause could be the disease Staganospora.

Send Wordsworth.