Old 22-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Chris Stewart

Default Birdsong?

"John" wrote in message
In a Garden Centre in Ivybridge, Devon, one is greeted with 'piped'
bird song. Although it's only a recording, it is very effective.

The reason I mention it is that the gardens around my home have
- during the past half a dozen years - become sterile of birds.

I'll not go into the reason for obvious reasons, but it occurs to me
that a poor second choice to true bird song, would be the mentioned
disced copy.

Does anyone know of a disc of British bird song? Not one
of those with musical background - or dreadful shrieking choir -
but genuine, honest to goodness birds singing their hearts out.

Who knows, it may attract back the originals?

Thank you

Hi Try the following link - CJ Birdfood have a number of cd's dvd's which
might fit the bill.
http://www.birdfood.co.uk/shop/index.htm

Chris S

Old 22-03-2004, 06:42 PM
martin

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:03:10 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:06:08 +0100, martin wrote:

... the Bavarian emerged from the bogs and climbed onto the
stage, where he did a performance of bird and steam engine imitations.

You see, that's what happens to you after a lifetime of wine, women and
amateur dramatics. ;-)

LOL
It beats Gilbert and Sullivan and Gilbert O'Sullivan too, if it comes
to that.

I didn't mention it, but we were convinced he had a problem with his
bladder :-)

Old 22-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from John contains these words:

In a Garden Centre in Ivybridge, Devon, one is greeted with 'piped'
bird song. Although it's only a recording, it is very effective.

The reason I mention it is that the gardens around my home have
- during the past half a dozen years - become sterile of birds.

I'll not go into the reason for obvious reasons, but it occurs to me
that a poor second choice to true bird song, would be the mentioned
disced copy.

Does anyone know of a disc of British bird song? Not one
of those with musical background - or dreadful shrieking choir -
but genuine, honest to goodness birds singing their hearts out.

Who knows, it may attract back the originals?

Thank you

Have you got a cd burner? Maybe the RSPB`s website has a few on there
that you can download and put onto a disc.

Old 22-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Chris Stewart

"John" wrote in message
In a Garden Centre in Ivybridge, Devon, one is greeted with 'piped'
bird song. Although it's only a recording, it is very effective.

The reason I mention it is that the gardens around my home have
- during the past half a dozen years - become sterile of birds.

I'll not go into the reason for obvious reasons, but it occurs to me
that a poor second choice to true bird song, would be the mentioned
disced copy.

Does anyone know of a disc of British bird song? Not one
of those with musical background - or dreadful shrieking choir -
but genuine, honest to goodness birds singing their hearts out.

Who knows, it may attract back the originals?

Thank you

HI again,
plan B would be to go to
http://www.garden-birds.co.uk/
and listen and download to your heart's content. It drives my cats daft!
Chris S

Old 22-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Chris Stewart

"John" wrote in message
[...]

More Birdsong - for urglers in Bristol FF United Kingdom 0 16-04-2004 12:05 AM
Birdsong David Hill United Kingdom 1 15-04-2004 08:42 PM
Birdsong answers... John United Kingdom 0 22-03-2004 08:16 PM
Birdsong answers... John United Kingdom 0 22-03-2004 08:12 PM
birdsong Sid United Kingdom 14 14-04-2003 11:44 AM