Old 23-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Steve Harris

Default A different dry shade problem

I'm planning a parking space and an thinking of the slightly
old-fashioned design of two lines of concrete slabs an axle length
apart. But what can I plant in the ground in between? :-)

Sometimes my car will be parked over the plants keeping off both sun and
rain. Worse still, I have a Citroen that sinks to about 3" clearance.
Then, If I go away for a week with the car, the site will get full sun
and/or rain.

I guess grass would work but then there's mowing. Every week, I'd have
to drive off, find parking, walk home, mow, walk back to the car and
drive home again :-(

Suggestions?

I have sandy, free draining slightly alkaline soil.

TIA!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Peter Ho has different ideas. With a stack of films and TV dramasunder his belt as well as proving to be a hit in Crouching Tiger, HiddenDragon, he's hoping the Bond producers will encourage a different directionwith a Chinese Bond. Dressed to impres [email protected] Gardening 0 21-04-2008 09:53 AM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
A different dry shade problem Steve Harris United Kingdom 45 25-03-2004 02:59 PM
best plant for dry shade Joseph Chong Gardening 11 05-02-2004 07:13 PM
Shade shade shade stephane Boutin United Kingdom 6 18-05-2003 06:32 AM