Old 24-03-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Mandevilla

I would appreciate advice on how to grow Mandevilla as a pot plant in a
Conservatory, especially on how often it should be watered.
Tom Atkinson

Old 24-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Rod

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:38:47 -0000, wrote:

I would appreciate advice on how to grow Mandevilla as a pot plant in a
Conservatory, especially on how often it should be watered.
Tom Atkinson

Just hope it's a big conservatory :-) Sacha has already said plant it
in a border if you can, I concur with that. Been I while since I grew
one but IIRC they will tolerate quite hard pruning if they outgrow
their space.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply

Old 24-03-2004, 09:43 PM
David Hill

Sacha, a couple of times you have used the term "My fil" as here

" the one my fil had on the granite wall outdoors in Jersey was quite a
bossy sort of a thing"

Would I be right in assuming that this is a Jersey term for "Grandmother" ?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 25-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

FIL is 'father in law' - more intertnet shorthand. Sorry to have muddied the
waters!

Might as well tell him the whole set...M(other)IL, S(ister)IL, B(rother)IL.
One's partner, squeeze or whatever is known as SO, Significant Other.
For women, your SO might be AKA (also known as) your DH, Darling
Husband, unless the SO of the DH is American, in which case DH is
probably a Darling Hubby.

HTH

Janet

Old 25-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

FIL is 'father in law' - more intertnet shorthand. Sorry to have muddied the
waters!

Might as well tell him the whole set...M(other)IL, S(ister)IL, B(rother)IL.
One's partner, squeeze or whatever is known as SO, Significant Other.
For women, your SO might be AKA (also known as) your DH, Darling
Husband, unless the SO of the DH is American, in which case DH is
probably a Darling Hubby.

HTH

Janet

Mandevilla A. Du pont from 02 - Mandevilla A. du pont-908F.JPG joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 0 24-02-2011 05:26 PM
Mandevilla Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 09-04-2009 06:35 AM
mandevilla advice NAearthMOM Gardening 2 29-05-2003 03:08 PM
Mandevilla problems Ray Hartley Gardening 0 07-04-2003 08:20 PM
Mandevilla gruber Texas 2 05-04-2003 11:09 AM