Old 24-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Dcjtee

Default POISONING CATS?

Can anyone recommend a fast acting poison to kill cats?

If the owners won't keep the f*ckers out of my garden then bait
is the answer!

The Hemyock, Devon, UK branch of The Residents Appreciation Society.

http://english.aljazeera.net

Old 24-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Yawn

"Dcjtee" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a fast acting poison to kill cats?

If the owners won't keep the f*ckers out of my garden then bait
is the answer!

Yawn...

Old 24-03-2004, 06:56 PM
AK

"Dcjtee" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a fast acting poison to kill cats?

If the owners won't keep the f*ckers out of my garden then bait
is the answer!

Not a good idea to use your proper email address when you are planning to do
something illegal

Old 24-03-2004, 06:56 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Dcjtee
writes
Can anyone recommend a fast acting poison to kill cats?
If the owners won't keep the f*ckers out of my garden then bait
is the answer!

That would be illegal, and you are very traceable. Take Care. ;-)

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 24-03-2004, 06:56 PM

In article
(Dcjtee) wrote:

Can anyone recommend a fast acting poison to kill cats?

If the owners won't keep the f*ckers out of my garden then bait
is the answer!

The Hemyock, Devon, UK branch of The Residents Appreciation Society.

http://english.aljazeera.net

They all agree with you. With that address at the bottom you are liable to
have more than the Cat Protection League watching you. Use QS (QuckSilver
next time. Safer.)

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

Old 24-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Mike

I know you think you're very funny, Mike but telling someone that is a

nasty
thing to do. It's untrue that cats are vermin and if someone believes you
and does poison a cat, they'll end up in serious trouble if caught.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

I can assure you, there is nothing funny about cats crapping in the garden
and having to clear it up. As far as I am concerned, and I took this from
somewhere on the net, cats are vermin. Carpet Gripper strips on the top of
my gates and fences has done some good, but still not good enough.

Cats should be drowned at birth to rid us of this menace.

BYW, what are you responding to my threads for? Kill file me

Old 24-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Bob Smith

Not a good idea to use your proper email address when you are planning to

do
something illegal

When Mrs Miggins tells the police / RSPCA her cat was poisoned, do you think
the first thing they do is check URG to see if anyone asked about poisoning?

Old 24-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Bob Smith

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Dcjtee
writes
Can anyone recommend a fast acting poison to kill cats?
If the owners won't keep the f*ckers out of my garden then bait
is the answer!

That would be illegal, and you are very traceable. Take Care. ;-)

Why is it legal to poison rats with rat poison, but not cats? Surely if it
is a humane way to dispatch rats, it is a humane way to kill cats.

Old 24-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Bob Smith

"Dcjtee" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a fast acting poison to kill cats?

If the owners won't keep the f*ckers out of my garden then bait
is the answer!

I had the same problem. To keep them off the grass keep it short.
Currently, every bare patch of soil (most of my flowerbeds) is under
netting. This keeps them off, but looks stupid. I am hoping in a couple of
weeks they will have the habit of going somewhere else, so when I remove the
netting there will be no more problems. There will be more plants in the
bare patches by then too.

Old 24-03-2004, 06:58 PM
martin

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:54:39 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

I know you think you're very funny, Mike but telling someone that is a

nasty
thing to do. It's untrue that cats are vermin and if someone believes you
and does poison a cat, they'll end up in serious trouble if caught.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

I can assure you, there is nothing funny about cats crapping in the garden
and having to clear it up. As far as I am concerned, and I took this from
somewhere on the net, cats are vermin.

You probably posted it there :-)

Carpet Gripper strips on the top of
my gates and fences has done some good, but still not good enough.

Cats should be drowned at birth to rid us of this menace.

BYW, what are you responding to my threads for? Kill file me

BTW there's nothing funny about you posting the same thing about cats
over and over again, but if it stops you terrorising small furry
things, don't let me stop you :-)

I hope this helps. Are you Lord Selsdon??
Note that whilst "rabbits" appears twice in the list, cats don't and
polecats are specifically excluded.

http://www.parliament.the-stationery...t/31008w02.htm
Vermin

Lord Selsdon asked Her Majesty's Government:

Which mammals and other animals are classified as
"vermin".[HL4559]

Lord Whitty: There is no definition of the term "vermin" in UK law. In
such a situation the Oxford Dictionary definition should be applied.

The Oxford Dictionary defines "vermin" as "Animals of a noxious or
objectionable kind. Originally applied to reptiles, stealthy, or
slinky animals, and various wild beasts; now, excluding in US and
Australia, almost entirely restricted to those animals or birds which
prey upon preserved game . . ."

The Small Ground Vermin Traps Order 1958 and the various Spring Traps
Approval Orders, refer to "small ground vermin". Neither the orders
nor the Pests Act 1954, under which they are made, define this term or
provide an exclusive list of species. However, the following animals
are listed under various orders: moles, grey squirrels, rabbits, mink,
stoats, weasels, rabbits, rats, and mice.

Traps approved under the Spring Traps Approval Order 1995 do not apply
to small ground vermin listed in Schedules 5 and 6 to the Wildlife and
Countryside Act 1981. This means that red squirrels, dormice, water
voles, shrews, hedgehogs, polecats and a number of other species are
excluded.

Old 24-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Mike

Why is it legal to poison rats with rat poison, but not cats? Surely if

it
is a humane way to dispatch rats, it is a humane way to kill cats.

Both vermin.

Old 24-03-2004, 06:59 PM
martin

[...]

Poisoning snails - poisoning birds? Andy Hunt United Kingdom 31 10-04-2004 07:04 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 8 24-03-2004 06:55 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 32 24-03-2004 06:48 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 0 24-03-2004 06:37 PM
Is Monsanto Poisoning Consumers with Pesticide Residues Just another fan Gardening 0 27-08-2003 02:02 AM