GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brugmansia (Non-poisonous) Substitute? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/56939-brugmansia-non-poisonous-substitute.html)

Jeanne Baggins 26-03-2004 07:02 AM

Brugmansia (Non-poisonous) Substitute?

I would really love to buy a Brugmansia, but I'm too worried about my
dog who sleeps under trees. Does anyone know of a similar
plant/ornamental tree that isn't poisonous and has beautiful long
pendulous flowers that is able to survive in zone 8?

Thanks,

Jeanne
Seattle, WA

Nick Maclaren 26-03-2004 08:33 AM

Brugmansia (Non-poisonous) Substitute?

In article ,
(Jeanne Baggins) writes:
| I would really love to buy a Brugmansia, but I'm too worried about my
| dog who sleeps under trees. Does anyone know of a similar
| plant/ornamental tree that isn't poisonous and has beautiful long
| pendulous flowers that is able to survive in zone 8?

Well, that is unlikely to cause serious harm to a dog.

Brugmansia is far too tender for growing outside in most of the UK,
and USDA zones don't map usefully to UK conditions.

Try Paulownia.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.