GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Soil mystery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/57074-soil-mystery.html)

Phil 27-03-2004 08:15 PM

Soil mystery

Now here's a peculiar thing. Today, the day when the clocks go forward and
the rugby internationals end and the first day of the year that I reach for
my garden spade. I nip down to this wooden bunker at the bottom of the
garden, where some of my tools are stored. I haven't been inside this bunker
since about November. I lift the lid, and find it half full of really nice
top-soil. I have no idea where it came from. All of my tools are burried
underneath.........I think. Going to find out more tomorrow during an
experimental dig. I think there's about half a ton of earth in there. Any
ideas? Rats? Badgers? Moles? Wombats?

Phil

Picture on http://premium.xanga.com/skin.asp?user=groeswenphil