GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Suggestions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/57102-suggestions.html)

pronoun 28-03-2004 12:34 AM

Suggestions

Hi,

I have a plastic barrell (~10 gallon) drilled to take flowers. It is shaded
by the house, North side, and overhangs a retaining wall facing the kitchen
window. I thought to plant both sides with trailing plants--such that it
can be turned to give both summer and winter views from the window. Can you
suggest, anything. Sweet Pea is all I can think of.

Howard
South Wales

Rhiannon S 28-03-2004 02:12 PM

Suggestions

Subject: Suggestions
From: "pronoun"
Date: 28/03/2004 01:10 GMT Daylight Time
Hi,

I have a plastic barrell (~10 gallon) drilled to take flowers. It is shaded
by the house, North side, and overhangs a retaining wall facing the kitchen
window. I thought to plant both sides with trailing plants--such that it
can be turned to give both summer and winter views from the window. Can you
suggest, anything. Sweet Pea is all I can think of.

Not terribly original, I know, but can I suggest putting in nasturiums for the
summer? Even in shady conditions they give a good show. Or strawberries,
flowers plus fruits?
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/

pronoun 31-03-2004 04:09 AM

Suggestions

Thank you for the Nastursiums--Why didn't I think of them

From: "pronoun"
Date: 28/03/2004 01:10 GMT Daylight Time